Topic: There is a lot of truth in this funny

https://z-m-scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18519725_1553041404728180_2275414426744632267_n.jpg?_nc_ad=z-m&oh=b3dce4b57a7f8b8a692ebdcfd25f95e0&oe=59AC9EEF

lol Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: There is a lot of truth in this funny

I think that picks go to the same place as socks when you take them out of the dryer. Find the socks and you will find the picks. And vica versa.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I very rarely use a pick, but I had to smile at JJJ's comment about socks. I always seem to lose just one sock at a time. No idea where they go but I got a lot of odd socks. So if theirs any one legged strummers out there I can fix you up with some.

Thick as two short planks

and I have mastered the art of retrieving them but I'm not telling how

out of tune out of key and out of touch

The one i lose always tend to show up after i throw the odd one away....It could take years before i throw them! But hey ho

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

keepitreal wrote:

I very rarely use a pick, but I had to smile at JJJ's comment about socks. I always seem to lose just one sock at a time. No idea where they go but I got a lot of odd socks. So if theirs any one legged strummers out there I can fix you up with some.

It must be awkward when it comes time to buy slippers

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Off the subject, but today I had to mow the yard. While working under a fir tree a non-quite-yet-old-enough-to-fly chick fell out of the nest and unfortunately got mulched. I looked up and saw another chick the same size (days from flying by itself) glaring at me as if to say "If you think I'm taking a worm from you, you're nuts!" Anyway. I stopped mowing when I finished with that side of the house, went in the house, got my Seagull 12, and worked my way about halfway through my 150-song book on the porch. Before I started the blackbirds, robins, doves, and wrens, were all in the air complaining. Two hours later when I was totally fried, I looked up and saw nothing in the air. I put down my guitar, called my wife outside, and we walked together over to the tree where the mishap occurred. I got protests from the parent robins, which assured me that the young one I saw was still being fed and taken care of. I hugged the lady at the base of the tree and we both returned into the house. The rest of the yard can wait. Oh, what we nature lovers go through...

8 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-05-23 09:38:01)

Yup, picks in the sound hole is a well-practiced tradition ... after a while, the guitar can almost be used as a Maracca. big_smile Coincidentally, Roger's post had a cat, and I use these "Cat's Tongue" picks, just so's I can hang on to the dang things.

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-baz6y0lb/product_images/uploaded_images/2016-ct-website-announcement-3.png?t=1455631156