Topic: G'day to all.

It's been a while since I have participated in any discussions but I still check in regularly. My playing days are coming to an end, old age and very sore joints. I still like to read forum comments and keep up with goings on.
I would dearly love to attend one of Amy's get togethers but I feel I may have left my run a bit late, never mind, I still enjoy life as it is.
As a follower of country music, I would encourage like minded fans to have a listen to some of the Australian artists in this genre. The country music scene here is going gangbusters these days with many young performers jumping onto the bandwagon.
So sad to hear of Dino's passing, we swapped many e-mails over the years, discussing heaps of topics.
Rest in peace my old mate.
On that sad note, I'll finish up. Take care folks and enjoy the moment. There are no garrentees of there being another one.
All the best
Bushy.

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Re: G'day to all.

Hey there Bushy,  good to hear from you. Like you I'm slowing down after years of working hard and playing hard. I still play some,  mostly old time country. Its always nice to know that some of the younger generation are carrying on the country music.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Good to hear from you Bushy. Whether you play or not, you'd be welcome at any of the Chordie inspired gatherings, I'm sure. You're welcome at my campfire anytime.

Do you have any artist's names we should check out from the Australian country music scene?  I'm thrilled to see Willie Nelson with yet another number 1 record.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi Bushy, from one old fogey to another my gigging days are rapidly coming to an end too. It's funny how when you start out you think you'll go on forever but as friends diminish and your idols get to look old and wrinkly, your fingers ache and you can't straighten up after bending and standing up singing and playing guitar for 2 hours really hurts, you realise it's time to hang up the Stetson and lose the southern twang. I'm not looking forward to that day but i know it's not far off. So let's grow old disgracefully....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-05-19 23:48:28)

Gidday Bushy
OZ has  produced many a fine country artists plus poets  such as Banjo Paterson.. I wrote these words about the body slowing down about a month ago. Looking at your post I thought I would share them.
                                                   Worn Guitar.
The guitar I use to play has grown older and plays better than me.
It's body batterd by time just like me.
It can dance with anybody I can just dance with me.
Poems and songs once familiar I have forgotten.
Put in the right hands my old six strings and wood remembers them all.
The doctor looks at my body worn and battered.telling me thats your destiny.
My voice is still singing while  my body's  melody has lost it's harmony.
Young hands pick up my old  worn  guitar in the same condition as me.
With a gentle caress my guitar sings better off for  it's age than me.

At Zurf's request, here are a few of my favourites in the current Aussie country music scene.
Adam Harvey, Troy Caesar-Daly, Sarah Storer, The McClymonts, John Williamson, Amber Lawrence, Becky Cole to name a few.
Many more can be found at Australian country music artists.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Glad to read that bushy. Will try to listen Austrailian Genere.

And good day to you too.

Ee

Gidday Bushy
I`m a huge fan of John Williamson.
You get a real feel of Australia listening to his songs.
Wish we had someone in NZ doing similar.

The King Of Audio Torture

bushy

glad you are back in the swing of things.
check out the song I posted as a result of this thread over in songwriting called Seven Times
I'm a country music fan as well
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

10 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-05-23 09:48:20)

Welcome back, Bushy! My favorite musician from "down unda" is the amazing Tommy Emmanuel. In fact, he's one of my favorite guitarists from Planet Earth. (and Owen Van Larkins also gets honorable mention)