Topic: Off-Topic, General BluRay Player Question

I currently have a Samsung player which allows me to stream only YouTube, Vudu and Netflix.

What I would like to know is: Will there ever be a time when this player would upgrade itself (or let me do it via a download) to include Amazon and other streaming services?

Thanks

Bill (Opie)

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Off-Topic, General BluRay Player Question

Wouldn`t it be easier to get a streaming box. They are fairly inexpensive and they recieve a lot of channels. I`ve had a Roku box for years, I love it.  One thing. Stay away from the Rabbit TV stick. It is a waste of money.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

, does that mean I bypass the BluRay player, and if so and I still want the BluRay to watch, what would the requirements of a TV be? Also does Roku carry a subscription fee?

Thanks

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, I have a Samsung blue-ray also I paid about $230 and it plays 4k if yours has "Samsung apps" somewhere on the opening page you can add more apps if not Joey's suggestion is a good one.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have a Sony bluray that does streaming and it's not so great.  I have a Roku on my downstairs TV and it's terrific.

The requirements to have both a Roku and a Bluray on your TV are having two HDMI ports.  You'd plug one into one of the ports, and the other device into the other port.  Your remote should have a way to switch between the port it's using for putting an image on the screen.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I have a Sony bluray that does streaming and it's not so great.  I have a Roku on my downstairs TV and it's terrific.

The requirements to have both a Roku and a Bluray on your TV are having two HDMI ports.  You'd plug one into one of the ports, and the other device into the other port.  Your remote should have a way to switch between the port it's using for putting an image on the screen.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Only ONE port [b}Z[/b}. The player only cost about $50.00 at Wal-Mart and the TV is an older one.

Thanks though.

Bill ("Opie")

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

There are switch-boxes, but having never used one for video signals to a TV can't comment on whether or not they are effective.