Topic: Some Tech Help Needed

Good Morning!

I just bought a new, larger-letter keyboard and along the very top there are buttons which when pressed, will take you to: e-mail, music player, calculator,  favorites list, etc. etc.

My problem is I cannot figure out how to bind those keys to their functions.

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Some Tech Help Needed

I hear your frustration, Bill ...

If King Crimson wrote a song about my technical abilities, they'd have to call it "19th Century Schizoid Man". There are some smart Chordians when it comes to this stuff, and hopefully one of them sees your post and responds. I sure 'nuff ain't one of them!

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/72/50/847682156-Mom___s-computer-keyboard.jpg

did you install driver software with the keyboard or just plug it in? I would start by surfing the interwebz for software for the keyboard that matches your operating system.

I agree with BGD, it should have come with a CD containing software and drivers for those functions..... a keyboard is just a keyboard until you install some special instructions telling your computer how to talk to all the fancy doodads. smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

It's Plug And Play. I have a tech number I can call......

Anyway....... I need to confess something: I got you guys' attention and got you in here under "false pretenses". I needed some kind of attention because although I'm taking care of Dondra as much as I possibly can and she me, there's still a vacuum and I'm living inside it.

I did just buy the keyboard. (I needed the larger letters) and there are  those so-called "hot keys" which need binding - but......... I also needed someone to communicate with.

Sorry to be a whiner, but I love you all very much and this must be the proof. Please keep me in your prayers, thoughts and if you have any vibes, I can use those as well.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I find most of my computer problems are located between the keyboard and the chair

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Gidday Bill
sorry i can`t help.the biggest problem with my computer is the nut on the keyboard.

The King Of Audio Torture