1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-06-09 10:00:36)

Topic: Pop Music

I went in to the dentist for teeth cleaning this past week, and had to sit in her chair for 30-minutes listening the local pop music station while she did her stuff. The music was absolute torture! There's nothing that a dentist could do to add to this pain, and they have lots of means at their disposal.

How is it that the general public are being told that this stuff is talent? Why would any sane person say they "love music", and yet this is what they listen to? And it's not just today's pop, the junk in the 70's (a.k.a. "disco") was horrible also. I wanted to unload a really good rant here, but I just can't even think of anything else to say.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2688/4267074315_05cc107ca5.jpg

Re: Pop Music

Unfortunately though I am in complete agreement with you, not everyone has the same taste in music. You just have to grin and bear it.

On the other hand if there were show tunes playing I would find a new dentist.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Some years back living in Calgary I had a bad tooth.. The dentist asked what music I likes. I was listening to Super Tramp at the time  and he played Even in the Quietest Moments..   I almost fell asleep. tooth out and on my way...

Badeye     cool

one caper after another

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-06-10 02:25:41)

TF ,,,My Dentist must know your Dentist . That is why they play those awful songs in shopping malls  to get rid of people they don't want there. Barry Manilow music  is very good at scaring people away from areas  around New Zealand where they are not wanted.  My 96 year old mother has told me one of the advantages of her lack of hearing is even bad music sounds  good to her nowadays, Just take the hearing aid out  and its all good..   My wife's dentist is good he asks her what she wants to hear .
Dairy Farmers in NZ have differant theories on what music makes their cows produce more milk.

"Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. Inspires Dairy Cows to Produce More Milk
A University of Leicester study proves that slow tunes make cows produce up to 3% more milk.

Peatle Jville wrote:

My 96 year old mother has told me one of the advantages of her lack of hearing is even bad music sounds  good to her nowadays, Just take the hearing aid out  and its all good

Hahahaha!!! That's hilarious ... power to 'er!