Topic: funny thing

about 10 years ago i packed up my fender strat because of some wear on the fretts and fingerboard. well that was my excuse!

i bought it back in 1972 from new, (a Mexican) left hand of course and in white. well i gigged it constantly in the 70's, 80's and 90's and some of the naughties. truth is i was never happy with the sound i got from it, so after buying a lot of different FX pedals including a cry baby wah wah, chorus, echo, fuzz etc then boss multies i gave up and bought an awful lump of firewood i wont name then my lovely telecaster.

so for quite a while i've been meaning to get it out and give it a go on my new pedals.....the action is superb, the sound was very raunchy and i couldn't detect that string buzz i had when i mothballed it.

can a guitar mend itself? or was it as happy as me to get it out of the box for a little while?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: funny thing

Phill

There is a time for every season.....
there is a time when there is no reason....
a  time to heal, a time to mend
time to get out that ol guitar friend ! smile

Glad it loves you now.   
Happy playing !
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Strange thing about wood it started as a living organism so who's to say it really dies just because it is cut and over time the neck most likely moved ever so slowly due to condensation and temperature and morphed into the shape it is in, just a wild theory smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Rule #1 - If it sounds good it is good!

Don't question it, just enjoy it!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

So pleased daddy and daughter have reconciled. May you have many happy years together now.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

As Russell said, wood will definitely change over time, when things like humidity, heat, tension, etc. are altered. Uneven moisture changes (where one side dries quicker than the other) will really change things (warp) and once this happens, there's usually no going back. Usually a shape change has a detrimental effect, but in your case (literally?) the effect was a benefit.

Ya musta been holdin' yer mouth right! (as Dad used to say)

I think you taught it what it needed to learn.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Time out room is over for the guitar !!

Bet it doesn't do that again !!

Zurf wrote:

I think you taught it what it needed to learn.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Yep, it's definitely off the naughty step. I never thought of it warping....even in a good way!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.