1 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-07-09 11:31:46)

Topic: Seven Times { revisted}

This morning my dog woke me at 4:45 and I had nothing better to do than grab my guitar and go through some of my songs. I looked at my song Seven times - and said to my self - that's such a good line to be wasted on the friviolity of the song I wrote - although it was kinda amusing. 
So I wrote a new more appropriate song for that line - " I fell down seven times, got up eight" . it may need another verse - I don't know - maybe you guys can give some advice on that smile
Hope you like it better than the first, I do.

here it is

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Seven Times { revisted}

Here is the chopro version

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I did a quick recording this morning on my computer -
https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/seven-times-revisited

done by someone with  musical ability, I think this could be decent
thanks for checking it out

JIm

Without excusing the family canine, this is "doggone" good! Isn't great to wake up with the creativity flowing ... starts the day off right. Resilience is what keeps us from being controlled by life's circumstances.

Nice job, TIG ... thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hi Jim.
It's a song but not as I know it! It's so confusing...two lines that rhyme, one that doesn't, then a fourth line that rhymes with the first two? I said confusing not bad. I wish I had the guts and the talent to do it.
I then listened to your recording....first line is five beats, second is four beats etc I also noticed one or two lines with just three! As I said confusing. I'm a strict 4/4 or 3/4 kinda guy which is why when I've covered one of your songs I normalise them to suit my style. I realise now I might have been wrong?
You're writing talent is phenomenal and I intend to give this a close look and play later, warning, I may need to alter a few things to suit my style...again.

Didn't you wake the house up banging out on the guitar at 4.45 am?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I LIKE IT! YOU GOT ALL THE ELEMENTS OF A GREAT METAL  OR PUNK SONG THERE!  I know you didn't write it or play it that way, please don't mind if I do.   That chorus is the hook and the verses are great.  And as Phill says, I may have to change up the timing to suit. My Garage beer song goes 4/4 in the verse and 3/4 in the chorus.

just plug in that distortion box on your acoustic!lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

TF  = great pun !
Thanks for checking it out - I think Russell has a quote somewhere on his  comments - getting old ain't for sissies  - he is right - it requires  a lot of resiliency smile

Phill, Beamer and anyone else

I am LOL bc you guys actually think I am a musician and understand 3/4  or whatever it is that  distortion means. smile
I am just a pretty bad self taught strummer that can't keep time very well ( mostly because my right hand wants to play every syllable!)
When I write  i just plugs words to chords and hope it sounds close to something musical
I am always indebted to the real musicians here on chordie to fix the music part for me.

my wife sleeps on other side of the house and I play soft.

Glad you are gonna give it a go, and as per my usual rule - I don't care if you change it - in fact I encourage it if it makes it sound good - have fun!
I have Never been disappointed by anyone on chordie that has covered one of my songs- they all have sounded great to me.
Thanks for the kind words - looking forward to some versions.
Jim

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Jim.
It's a song but not as I know it! It's so confusing...two lines that rhyme, one that doesn't, then a fourth line that rhymes with the first two? I said confusing not bad. I wish I had the guts and the talent to do it.
I then listened to your recording....first line is five beats, second is four beats etc I also noticed one or two lines with just three! As I said confusing. I'm a strict 4/4 or 3/4 kinda guy which is why when I've covered one of your songs I normalise them to suit my style. I realise now I might have been wrong?
You're writing talent is phenomenal and I intend to give this a close look and play later, warning, I may need to alter a few things to suit my style...again.

Hmmm I think that is my trouble exactly Phill ......... my timing can be ALL OVER THE PLACE too and I don`t strictly stick to 4/4 or 3/4 timing (I do with cover songs - mostly) but when it comes to original songs, I can be all over the place.  The last time I tried to cover one of Jim`s song and my son was going to use his fancy recording equipment to record me and I was supposed to sing the song to the set beats ................ I was all over the place (as I just sing it as I hear it or can play it lol) ......... ended up my son quitting on me, told me he couldn`t record me lol.  The outcome since then ....... I haven`t recorded another original song as I realized I am not keeping time.   Probably comes from only learning to play instruments and trying to sing publically in the last few years ...... being self taught probably doesn`t help either lol smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Nice Jim, had a listen, well done once again by you.  I great message in this song smile

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

One of these may be handy for pre-dawn applications .... they have a head-phone jack, and any reviews I watched sounded amazingly good:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server4400/71a52/product_images/uploaded_images/yamaha-silent-guitars-banner.jpg?t=1426143480

Jandle wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Jim.

Hmmm I think that is my trouble exactly Phill ......... my timing can be ALL OVER THE PLACE too and I don`t strictly stick to 4/4 or 3/4 timing (I do with cover songs - mostly) but when it comes to original songs, I can be all over the place.  The last time I tried to cover one of Jim`s song and my son was going to use his fancy recording equipment to record me and I was supposed to sing the song to the set beats ................ I was all over the place (as I just sing it as I hear it or can play it lol) ......... ended up my son quitting on me, told me he couldn`t record me lol.  The outcome since then ....... I haven`t recorded another original song as I realized I am not keeping time.   Probably comes from only learning to play instruments and trying to sing publically in the last few years ...... being self taught probably doesn`t help either lol smile

Hi  jandle

Tell your son he or you don't necessarily need a click track/metronome, perfect timing sometimes detract from the spontinaety of a song. Failing that, maybe he should record a backing track for you to add your vocals later?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

ok.. i went back through, made some changes,  and tried to make it fit better in what I think is 4/4  smile

Thanks Phill .... it`s probably not going to happen now with the recording as my son has since moved out with his partner and they have a baby which is keeping them pretty busy at the moment ... but appreciate and thanks for the advice smile

I love this song. Tell your son he or you don't necessarily need a click track/metronome, perfect timing sometimes detract from the spontinaety of a song. Thank for share with us

dichthuat wrote:

I love this song. Tell your son he or you don't necessarily need a click track/metronome, perfect timing sometimes detract from the spontinaety of a song. Thank for share with us

Unsolicited advertising is prohibited on Chordie

I removed the website link from your sig line. If you put it back up you will be banned.