Topic: Where is everyone?

The activity in the Chordie Forums has been very subdued in the past few months, and I'm wondering if folk have moved on to other things. Haven't seen any NGDs from anyone in quite a while (where's JJJ?), very few gear discussions (guitars, strings, amps, etc.), and a lot less posts in general from a lot less people.

Miss y'all ...

Re: Where is everyone?

Hi T F. Sorry to pile my troubles on everyone but I been missing due to my partner developing a serious disease and eventually passing away. In fact for a few months I haven't even picked up a guitar. Anyway that's all behind me now and I hope to be back to normal a,s,a,p.

Thick as two short planks

It's holiday season. I've already been away twice so I guess others may be doing the same?
Several members have complained of not getting replies, so why post when it gets ignored?
I check Chordie most mornings and have noticed the lack of real posts, plenty of spam which Doug sorts out for the most part, he never gets a mention for his good work by the way so, I'll do it WELL DONE DOUG.
Let's hope we can get some conversation going

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

keepitreal wrote:

Hi T F. Sorry to pile my troubles on everyone but I been missing due to my partner developing a serious disease and eventually passing away. In fact for a few months I haven't even picked up a guitar. Anyway that's all behind me now and I hope to be back to normal a,s,a,p.

Sorry for your loss.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I haven't been playing much. Things have been very busy here. We tried to schedule a weekend to do some college visits and learned that our calendar is more or less booked through November from the perspective of family get-aways.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm just getting better from an illness that took my voice.  sad

I've been monitoring but not participating or playing much.   Have nasty cravings at present. 

So sorry for your loss KIR.

I`ve had some minor health issues. Haven`t played much or bought any new guitars.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

KIR  - so sorry for your loss.

Seems we all have busy times and real life issues to deal with.
Just keep posting when you can and supporting each other as we have done in the past.

and lastly, I can't afford another guitar... it's not the money... I'm afraid my wife might beat me ! smile smile smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi KIR, I noticed you posted same time as me which is why I didn't pass on my sympathys. Sorry for your loss.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I stop a few times each day to check the forums for spam other than my new Strat and Atomic Amplifire unit and my band Retro Buzz playing this Friday not much to say but I do wish to pass on my condolences to Keepitreal on your loss.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

yeah phill i drop by every day,but hard to get a conversation going.Often no replies to private emails either.
so  i don`t bother to post much.same goes for Peatle.

The King Of Audio Torture

I've been pretty quiet.... and really busy taking advantage of the longer days and nicer weather to get a few chores done around the farm. 
Thanks Phill for noticing, my nights are interspaced with monitoring things around here and planning for tomorrow. 
Sprayed the orchard, and then it rained, so I got to do it again.... all the fence lines needed brushing and then wire repaired where the snow and windfall had broken the stuff.  Five burn piles of prunings and cane berry trash was incinerated, three culverts cleared (so the Skunks have a place to shelter from the Summer Sun), and tomorrow afternoon I expect the first cutting of hay will be bailed and ready to be put into the loft so livestock can eat this coming Winter (a bit late this year but all good).
This Country Gentleman Farmer gig is way too much for an old broken retired guy...... and we thought it was all going to be laid back porch pickin' with a tall cold Lemonade......
not so much !! wink

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I pop in when I can but it has turned out to be quite a hectic year for us this year, with two sick elderly parents, the birth of our 2nd grandson who was premature and was in the neo-natal unit, thankfully out and doing well now, one of my sons has got engaged, another son has headed away to the South Island to follow the snow and have been busy sewing curtains for his van and mattress covers, helping out my daughter with her son when I can and indoor and outdoor renovations (yay ... mud outside and dust inside) .............. that pretty much keeping me busy. 

Keepitreal .... sorry to hear of your sad news. 

Doug_Smith ..... thanks for dealing with all the rubbish that comes to chordie, namely spam smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

14 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-06-22 08:51:11)

keepitreal wrote:

So sorry to hear this, KIR, and I apologize if my original post caused painful memories to stir. My sincere condolences for your loss ... hopefully you find your song again soon.

Yes ... and hat's off to Doug and the rest of our terrific Moderators, who keep up with housekeeping so diligently.

I usually check in once a day to see what's going on, I just don't post much. I suppose I live by the old saying better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

out of tune out of key and out of touch

keepitreal wrote:

sorry to hear of your loss

out of tune out of key and out of touch

mojo01 wrote:
keepitreal wrote:

sorry to hear of your loss

Me too..... it's been a tough year on many members of the Community, with tragic health related issues and family deaths.  We all feel the sadness with you and will always be here for mutual support, another thing that makes Chordie "Special".

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Guilty as charged.

My busy season starts usually in April. I try to stop in here in the morning before I leave. By evening I'm drained and in bed by 10:00 most of the time. I just don't spend a lot of time on the computer this time of year. It's 8:30 now and I hear Mr Sandman calling already.

KIR - So sorry to hear that. My condolences on your loss.

20 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-06-23 08:41:05)

I am not  as diligent or regular in my computer habits when it comes to visiting Chordie.  I am pleased to read these posts knowing that Chordie Land citizens are not being sent into exile or are going to  another place when i havent been around. I wont bore you with what keeps me distracted doing other things.  Though we are geographically distant in this cyberspace there is a close collective  spirit here on chordie. Recently my health has required me to be on lots of medication so I have not been that clear of mind. This is  why I havent  posted much on my infrequant visits. When I am here  I do give the ones that are current at the time a read.There are many gems of wisdom on here from all you folks that make interesting reading. Thank you to you all who keep this site running.. I hope what I have writen makes sense.
K I R  I am sure we all here thoughts are with you.  My condolences on your loss.

Well life and things have got in the way of being able to contribute to Chordie and write some decent music lately TF.
I do keep an eye on the songwriting section though and though I don't comment I do read and listen to most of the submitted work.
All the active mods Doug and Roger especially do such a great job at keep the spammers at bay there's not much to do in that department.
Anyway I'm still around.
ark

easybeat wrote:

yeah phill i drop by every day,but hard to get a conversation going.Often no replies to private emails either.

I don't know why my last post did not go , maybe this will.   As to replies to post,, this has been a  issue for a long time, lots of views and average 3 to 5 replies if your lucky,
Many forums have messenger now,though forums are fast becoming a T-Rex, most are on FB, Twitter snap chat.... etc.   This is the age of instant access and reply.   Most of our member's are Anti FB. some are not.

We have about 20 +/- "Core" and active members.  How often do we get a new member who will post more than once or twice?  This is a issue I have talked to Doug about a few times.  There is a chordie FB but i only check it once in a blue moon because none of my friends are there.  It summer, no one is sitting in front of a puter LOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

arkady wrote:

Well life and things have got in the way of being able to contribute to Chordie and write some decent music lately TF.
I do keep an eye on the songwriting section though and though I don't comment I do read and listen to most of the submitted work.
All the active mods Doug and Roger especially do such a great job at keep the spammers at bay there's not much to do in that department.
Anyway I'm still around.
ark

May I point out that just a quick hello and good song or , Nice effort (if you dont want to be truthful and say not so good dude), is nice in my book. I appreciate knowing that the effort to post has been noticed.  smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:
easybeat wrote:

I don't know why my last post did not go , maybe this will.   As to replies to post,, this has been a  issue for a long time, lots of views and average 3 to 5 replies if your lucky,
Many forums have messenger now,though forums are fast becoming a T-Rex, most are on FB, Twitter snap chat.... etc.   This is the age of instant access and reply.   Most of our member's are Anti FB. some are not.

We have about 20 +/- "Core" and active members.  How often do we get a new member who will post more than once or twice?  This is a issue I have talked to Doug about a few times.  There is a chordie FB but i only check it once in a blue moon because none of my friends are there.  It summer, no one is sitting in front of a puter LOL

I am ALWAYS sitting in front of a computer.  LOL!  Though, I do it so much (6-8 hrs/day, 6 days per week) that I tend to run away from it quickly these days as soon as work is done.  I'm becoming one of THOSE people.  You know, the carpenter with the falling apart house.  I spend so much time on forums and such for work, that those I once enjoyed visiting also feel like work at times to visit.  For me, it's been all about finding time to get away from the tech lately.  Sigh... I think about everyone here often though!

KIR - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  <3

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.