1 (edited by beamer 2017-07-04 20:26:50)

Topic: Instrumental: Cory's song 1

Me and the boy were actually working on BABYOH  and he was getting burnt out, and said lets work that one I had you said would be nice to work with.  He didnt know a title, So its in work and my lead was actually pretty good and punched in.still needs some work. and a bass.

so here it is.  please enjoy.
https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/corys-song-1

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Instrumental: Cory's song 1

Great "father & son" act, Beamer! This week's "Prog Rock" feature has Steve Howe with his sons, and there are lots of family collaborations in the wonderful world of music. You guys gonna be the next big thing?

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-07-05 13:56:14)

That was very good Beamer

It's awesome you and son can do this
In my humble opinion, there is no better way to spend one's time.  It is priceless, no matter what the outcome of the product

I would spend every day with my daughters and Grandson if possible

You are blessed!  Keep it going, Man !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi Scott, saw this on SC last night and played along but found it difficult to riff on bass. I'll give it another go when I get a chance. Very good though. I thought I heard 2 guitars?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Well that was pretty awesome, Corey being so young, very impressive.  I thought the collaboration between you both was great, enjoyed it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Scott, saw this on SC last night and played along but found it difficult to riff on bass. I'll give it another go when I get a chance. Very good though. I thought I heard 2 guitars?

one track is drums and rhythm guitar, track 2 is me on lead.  its mainly Am with some pinky thrown in and index raised and then in the E barr chord position with out the bar up to I think C and B,, ill have to actually figure the chords out.

I was also noodling around with the bass line but have not tried to play with the progression.   I'm thinking playing it in the higher octave (like a Maiden song) My son says he doesn't like it that way, so gotta try both.  Ill send you the tracks individually.  I also want to smooth out my solo.  I also hve a longer drum stem that i may just redo the rhythm progression and a better lead.

What is funny is that i got the idea for the lead from the intro of Skid Rows Monkey Business  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leN_gcJHpo4  we never jump to the hard side but man it wouldnt be hard with the chord structure we are using  wink

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

At his age if he continues on drums he is going to be great.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.