1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-18 03:38:48)

Topic: Short Story For Phill

Here is a short Peatle story please click on attachment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GRQOeygEJYello

Re: Short Story For Phill

Thanks Peatle, very informative and well put over. I'd still like to hear you speak my little rhyme. New Zealand must be a magical place. I hope you realize how lucky you are?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/a-short-story
Cheers Phill I have put it on soundcloud for you

That was great PEATLE

Phill - super poem

I enjoyed that very much

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Peatle...what can I say, it sounds great as I knew it would with you reciting it. Thanks again

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-19 03:44:35)

Cheers TIG .  Phill  I was worried my Kiwi accent might ruin it glad it worked. Phill I have travelled the world and  I am pleased that I can call New Zealand home.
People from Wales tell me there are a lot similarities in our sheep farming traditions. I will put a short clip below of the sport of Sheep Dog Trails for people who never heard or have seen this sport.  .. Our other  national sport in common is Ruby Union.

“A dream is a seed.
Vision plants it.
Imagination nurtures growth.
Opportunities create blooms.
Thoughts become things!”
― Donna McGoff             

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT6TF-U62nM

That's a brilliant clip, crowd goes wild 3 dogs looking totally disinterested, laugh out loud stuff.

The whole world must know about sheepdog trials? Who hasn't seen Babe?

We have more similarities than sheep and rugby. Sparsely populated areas, mountains and beautiful vistas and beaches. Of course Wales has been populated a lot longer than New Zealand so our traditions have erroded somewhat though the Welsh language is making something of a comeback. Pob hwyl.

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-19 10:20:03)

Kia Ora the Maori word for Pob hywl to you.  Welsh have the same humour as Kiwi's. I forgot about the film Babe. Wales and New Zealand are a slice of heaven at times.Here is another short Kiwi clip with a bit of  Dog theme.  The muscian on it are Dave Dobyn colabrating with a band called Herbs. The herbs had Joe Walsh of the Eagles as a member at one stage of their career.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQT0t2s1MoE

Great clip, Peatle ... enjoyed it. Thanks for the encouragement to enjoy the journey, and not be so focused on the destination.

Thank you TF.

Pestle

That was a subtlety hysterical clip
Great sense of humor
Love the quote hidden in there......

"Dirty fingers will get you sh** in your mouth"

Truer words never spoken!

That quote applies far past sheep herding / dog
whistling

Thanks for sharing
Methinks I would love to visit Wales and New Zealand someday

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That's a great clip Peatle though I thought the main character was a cat? Miaw

13 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-19 23:37:40)

Glad you got the humour TIG   
Excellent observation Phill the cats name is Horse the cartoon was popular in NZ known as Footrot Flats writen by Murray Ball . The sheep dog is owned by Wal a rugged sheep farmer,
"The Dog" 
The main character of the cartoon, a Border Collie, thinks of himself as intelligent and tough, but is really quite soft and often cowardly. He has a real name, given to him by Aunt Dolly, but despises it and has never allowed anyone to reveal it, often going to great lengths to stop Aunt Dolly or anyone else from saying it. Aunt Dolly says it is a "such a refined, aristocratic name", which gives some clue as to why Dog despises it. Wal always calls him "Dog", gaining loyal devotion. The Dog is often put to use to guard things or get rid of rats or pigs, but Border Collies have an independent streak and the Dog's is a mile wide. However, also like others of his breed he is a competent sheepdog. He also has a couple of alter egos; "The Scarlet Manuka" who attempts to 'liberate' cricket balls from being hit by Wal and his team, "Mitey Ironn Paw", and "the Grey Ghost of The Forest", that appear from time to time. The dog has also, at one point, claimed to have the following commendations: V.C. (Very Cute), D.S.O. (Doesn't Steal Offal), and B.A.R (What Sheep Do), along with the alias of '00Dog' (Licensed to be kind but fair) and acting as Wal's 'chaperone' in many cases in Wal's dates with "Cheeky" Hobson. The Dog thinks Cheeky is a cheap hussy and his chaperoning often leads to the date being a disaster for Wal
For my friends who dont know what the VC and other abbreviations  mean. They are medals given by the Queen for service and bravery to the community. VC stands for Victoria Cross the highest medal one can get for bravery in the military. DSO (Distinguish Service Order)  People who have these awards will put it at the end of their names.
Jack or Jill  Someone VC.
.Horse
A large, fierce and practically invulnerable cat. The character is a menace to Dog and the other characters, resisting attempts to be tamed by Aunt Dolly or others. He has a girlfriend (Fred) who frequents with a Biker gang and loves leather. Occasionally fathers kittens. He and Dog frequently cross paths which end up with the Dog on the short end. Horse "spoke" a little in the earlier comics, but in later ones he mainly spoke out via actions and yowls. Later the irascible tomcat Horse became Dog's main nemesis (and sometimes ally). Horse is also seen protecting the dogs (Dog and Jess) from the local rat population that reside at the Murphy farm.