Topic: MY DOG

this is something i knocked up last year when i was on yahoo answers, i had got fed up with all the nonsense the pet lovers would spout about their pets, and i just thought get a life! it's not that i hate animals quite the opposite, but no animal could take the place of a person, especially if your lucky like me and found your soul mate...any way with chords...my dog [it's meant to be a laugh, so dont take it seriously]

My Dogby Phill Williams

[C] I had a dog, his name was Rat

How could I name a [G]dog like that?

But Rat was his name, and his name was Rat

He would only come when you [C]called him that

[C]Rat had no breed, not just one you see

He had many breeds in his [G]"pedigree"

Oh yes, he had a Pedigree,

For his breakfast, his lunch

And some[C]times his tea

But his [G]parents were mutts, and so was [C]he

A [C]long and happy life he lived

And though he's dead, he's [G]with me still

Stuffed and mounted

With a plaque at his feet

Saying, "Here is my Rat, may he [F]rest [G]in [C]peace."

oh by the way "pedigree" is a make of dog food. and russel, tea means dinner in your lingo not the drinking stuff, but dinner didnt fit big_smile

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: MY DOG

Ahh I see, it seems I learn something new all the time. I wonder if you have this on your website yet I'm curious to hear what the Melodie line is, catchy little ditty fun lyrics smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

OOHHHHHH NOOOOOO !

Phil, have a look at  one of my beautiful Hounds on myspace. He is my canine soulmate lol

He also slobbers, woolfs all his food down, loves a football, and his freedom, steak is his favourite food, Hates being showered,

Nevers moans when i play guitar, always greets me with  big paw hugs. Takes up half my bed when he's let,  I alsoclean up after him,  Gives me a high 5 { which is hilarious } and he throws himself at my feet !  He's there now as i type.

Do you not think this is just like having a man around ?  lol lol lol. Animal lovers ! ah, were a large pain in the dogs biscuits.

Give me the paw now ? No !  Not you Phil,  woof woof.  Thats Ben saying hi to your Rat..

Mutt lover Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi phil thats hilarious ,good witty ditty well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

thanks all,

like i said it was just for fun, i love dogs ... honestly roll

i've had several over the years, but they always go and die, which i find too heart breaking, so no more!

no helena, they may be more faithful or loving than a man, but they can never replace one in...no we wont go into that. wink

thanks daddy big_smile cool

hello russel, no i have not had a chance to record it yet as i still havent soted out my studio, i'm working 2 till 10 shift this week so i have only a couple of hours to get everything done, i'm still working on that song i played you the other day, it's gone through about 10 reincarnations, i hope it will be worth it when it's finally done hmm

glad you all enjoyed it

phill

"Do you not think this is just like having a man around ?"

What - you'd walk up behing some guy with your plastic bag and a poop-a-scoop ?

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Very good word play you have going on there Phill. smile
"My Dog" has a "Cat in the Hat" feel to it. Very easy going and a good campfire song...especially if you have some children with you.
Well Done.

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

lol

Alan Sheeran, your a wee divel. I absolutely would not!. But manys a time i held some sots head up as he " Hughied"
down the loo. Isnt it funny how theres always diced carrotts in this entremet ?  lol

Pooped out Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Phill,

An amusing little song which I enjoyed. I played it to T.T. and she liked it immensely, especially the last three lines. Thank you.

Roger.

PS T.T. is my cat lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Phill - I know what you men about how those dang critters just keep dying . . . . we have several buried out back.

Trivia question . . .
What was the name of Mr. Bojangle's dog?
Answer:
Up And Died - - -  as in, "His dog, Up And Died, up and died, after 20 years he still grieves"

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

thanks again to all commentators,

pooper scoopers? i forgot about the other[?] side of dogs ingestion it's got to come out somewhere!

TT? give your cat a stroke for me roger hmm

james you just keep getting more and more profound... i prefer gold fish these days you just flush them....whooosh and their gone...heaven!

thanks for the dr spock reference kap, as it happens i have written a lot of short stories for kids called huw ciw, they're about a temporary traffic light, dont know if you get them anywhere else but they seem to spring up everywhere here in wales specially on those country roads when your late and on your way to a gig! they're a pain in the exhaust pipe, second only to caravans and camper vans [ha ha got you helena lol]

phill wink

Hi Phill
Had a dog for 15years and having to have the poor old thing put down was one of the hardest jobs that I've had to do..
I watched a program about how pedigree dogs that have been been so inbred that a good majority have major health problems mental and physical. This to satisfy the Kennel club rules of showing the different breds of dogs.
Cruffs pretty surface hides a dark underside of dog maltreatment.. All down to the loving owners mmm.....
Look forward to a recording
Ark

ark,

they say dogs are for life, it's not your life unfortunately! it is so sad when a pet you've loved for years dies, which is why i wont have any more, i always had a dog or cat [my dad loved budgies] when i was a kid, then goldfish [low maintenance] later when i had kids of my own.

i had one golden spaniel, it was one generation from pedigree, but someone stole him, that was enough for me.
my next door neighbour has a yorkie, she treats him like a son [she has four daughters!!!]
the one she has now is still a pup, the one she had before him had to be put down with old age, so, so sad...

phill

Hey Phil a life without animals is no life at all in my book - especially dogs we have 8 on our farm. One border collie /alsatian cross and 7 malamute/timber wolf pooches. All 8 sleep in our bedroom on especially bought beds - so sometimes it really is a dogs life.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

15 (edited by Phill Williams 2017-07-17 11:49:19)

I wanted to revive this one for two reasons;

1. Peatle brought up the funny/humorous poem thread

2. Because my little granddaughter who is now 4, had a hamster that died suddenly and she was devastated.

I also thought it would be nice to remember some of the names that seemed to have disappeared over the years.

Phill
I have an affinity for dogs as well.  My first dog was a purebred German Shepard. She was great with me from when I was 8 til 20 when she passed away - had 4 batches of puppies. 

Then I had two dogs a lab retriever and her daughter out of her only litter which was a golden retriever (sure was a purebred my buddy had
The were with me 13 years - they were like children and siblings to my kids.   When the mom died I was devastated.   

Now I'm have a little shihtsu that is my little buddy. 

Thanks for posting

I didn't see a song version - did you ever record it?

It was also interesting to me because there were so many names in this thread that I did not recognize, but could tell they were true chordie people in the forum. I wonder why the stopped ?

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It's a good job we don't put humans down like we do animals, or I'd be a gonna.

Thick as two short planks

This is the other "funny" poem/rhyme I put together some time ago.

:A SMALL STORY

BY PHILL WILLIAMS

IN A VERY SMALL HOUSE IN A VERY SMALL TOWN
LIVED A VERY SMALL MAN AND HIS NAME WAS BROWN

THE STREET WAS SMALL AND HIS DOG WAS SMALL
BUT THE  MAN NEXT DOOR WAS VERY, VERY TALL

“MY NAME IS ED”, THE TALL MAN SAID
“BUT MY HOUSE IS SMALL, SO I BUMP MY HEAD”

“WELL THAT’S A SHAME, MY NAME IS BROWN
IF I CAN HELP, I WONT LET YOU DOWN”

“WELL, THAT’S VERY KIND, MR BROWN”, SAID ED
“I NEED SOME HELP TO CARRY THIS BED…

THE STAIRS ARE STEEP AND THE BED IS LONG
BUT IF YOU HELP I’LL SING A SONG”

AND SO ED AND BROWN BECAME BIG FRIENDS
AND THEY TALK EACH NIGHT AS THE LONG DAY ENDS

IN THE LITTLE STREET IN A LITTLE TOWN
WHERE ED SINGS SONGS FOR MR BROWN

IN A LITTLE GARDEN IN THE SUMMER SUN
THEY SIT AND TALK AND SING THEIR SONGS

AND THEIR WIVES ARE HAPPY TO SEE THE FRIENDS
AS THEY CHAT ACROSS THE GARDEN FENCE

ED HAS A SON, BROWN HAS ONE TOO
AND THEY PLAY TOGETHER, AS CHILDREN DO

NOW ED LIKES HIS HOME THAT IS SO SMALL
HE STILL BANGS HIS HEAD AS HE WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR

AND BROWN IS SETTLED WITH HIS WIFE AND CHILD
AND HIS FRIEND NEXT DOOR IN THE LITTLE TOWN

19 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-07-18 07:37:18)

I love the humour in those two poems thank you for  putting them up. I will attach a little Kiwi  bush poem about  Hunting and living of the land,   Just a man and his horse getting a break from people and the rush of life living of what nature can provide.. He is  talking about that sad feeling one gets sometimes when you have to get back to  humanity and every day life. But like you I need my Darling Wife with me.

.Time of Day - Barry Crump

Time of Day - writen by Barry Crump a Kiwi bushman.

At that time of day
when the world turns away from the sun
and the last traces of sunlight
are gone from the ridgetops,
I lead my old horse down a wild river valley
with two trout in the split sack
behind the saddle.

Around the bend I see great wires
strung swooping from pylon to pylon
across the sky.

And I wonder how come
it makes that moment of sadness
waft through my thoughts,
and puts that mournful note
in the cry of the putangitangi*

*Putangitangi - Paradise Duck

*Putangitangi - Paradise Duck

thanks for clearing that up.

we also have some humorous sounding words in the Welsh language; popti-ping (microwave). pili-pala (butterfly) etc

ps, it would be great to hear you recite "a small story" i think it would sound brill

Cheers Phill I will do one on soundcloud sometime soon and I will let  you know when I put it up. The Maori word for Butterfly is pepepe which also is the same word for moth.

In catch up mode on Chordie Phill.  I love the dog song, did you ever record it?  Interesting to see names on there that i have never seen on here before

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan