Topic: Trio question

Probably Russell might answer this .Has any one managed to achieve a Latin rhythm with a trio .I'm trying to get a backing for oye Como va .I normally use one I created with my keyboard but I'm experimenting at the moment.

Re: Trio question

Grah try putting it on "Blues setting" and find a slow rhythm for "Aint no sunshine when your gone" and speed it up then try switching the dial with the lights to different interpretations also try pushing the "Alternate button on the top right that will give you another set of ideas good luck with it hope it works ok for ya smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Cheers Russell I try that tomorrow.

Grah1 wrote:

Cheers Russell I try that tomorrow.

let me know how it comes out it is unusual not to have a Latin rhythm or reggae option available

Not a great success Russell so far .However I included a version in the set I did today for a fund raiser for the local Air ambulance.I played it with a rock rhythm and used my imagination a bit. Went down really well .Different and not the way we used to do it with GB Blues in Greece,but still fun.

Grah1 wrote:

Not a great success Russell so far .However I included a version in the set I did today for a fund raiser for the local Air ambulance.I played it with a rock rhythm and used my imagination a bit. Went down really well .Different and not the way we used to do it with GB Blues in Greece,but still fun.

Sound like a good cause and you probably had a blast, if it were me I would record a guitar, bass and drum track and add some keyboard on my 24 track Tascam and mix and pan it and put a whole set together and cut a CD and play in thru the system. one at a time and sometimes I like to create mixes live just to let the audience get an idea what goes into a song,  of course, I talk to them along the way lol  smile smile

I have done this Russell but like I said I've been experimenting with the trio to see if  I can get away with using it live.However the Latino  and reggae rhythms are a little problem at present,so for the foreseeable future I'll probably stick with my loop for  this genre

If you can find an Alesis SR-16 (I have one) on your side of the big pond latch on to it because it has fantastic pre sets for Reggae, Latin AND a fill button with a foot switch plus it has pressure sensitive pads and cymbals for a more "live" feel.  I thought of another work around try the country setting and slow the tempo way down on the Trio

Cheers Russell I've got two weeks to play around with it .I'll let you know the outcome

I wanna sing french quotes in a good rhyme but for that I need some help related to guitar chords. I'm confused how to generate that kind of tune from my guitar which will suit with the quotes words. I'm going to use any one of the quote from this webpage citationsurlamour com . You can give it a visit and suggest me which quote should I use and is going to be easy for me to create guitar chords for that.