Topic: Me and the Kid

Quick jam session totally unplanned. but I started changing up some Atlanta Rhythm Section  SPOOKY.  and Cory streched himself for as close to a Jazz beat as he can get.  https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/ars-inspired-groove

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Me and the Kid

Beamer Junior great on drums you flow well together.

Thanks Peatle. it took a few min to get the groove. I have another take that's a bit slower and a little sloppy so I used this.  I also had some WA WA  on it trying to blend the ARS with some funk, but it didn't really flow very well.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Sounded great man. Re your note on the "Jazziest chords you know,"  let me know if you want some other jazz progressions, happy to suggest a few chords!

Send them on. And some funk too

Funk is gonna be tough without a bassist.  Lots of rootless voicings like
X
X

Is a minor 7 add 9, but you put the 7 on the bottom and let the bass handle the root. 

If you take that chord and slide it down twice then back up twice, with the right strumming pattern you end up with Love Rollercoaster. smile

I'll send ya some jazzy stuff tomorrow.

Cool ill have to try that, I love that song too! LOL

Thanks for the bump. here are some other nice voicings:

Major 7 (in this case, D major 7)
x
5 ring finger
6 pinkie
4 middle
5 index
x

13 (in this case, A 13)
x
7 pinkie
6 ring
5 middle
x (let your index finger lay on this one to mute it)
5 index

Minor 7, alternate voicing, in this case d minor 7
x
5 pinkie
5 ring
3 index
5 middle