Topic: NGD. it's been too long

I had 7 guitars including 3 Fenders. My go to guitar was my Crafter, which I still love dearly. But on a day out to Weston-Super-Mare yesterday, I spied a music shop and in I went. There were several Tanglewoods there but I was drawn to a lefty Tanglewood Odyssey. 10 minutes later I was walking out of the shop with it under my arm! Shocking, I have never bought anything that quick. I loved it from the moment I laid eyes on it. I played it and the tone was gorgeous even with old strings on. The feel was great, the arm and the action was superb.

I've never been one for buying anything just cos it's expensive or got a famous name, I just wanted to try it to see if it made any difference. It did and I bought it. One happy bunny, now to face the wife.....

"Darling I now have 8 guitars...." Ahhhhh!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: NGD. it's been too long

I hear you brother. Lol. Congrats on your NGD.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congrats  - it sounds like a fantastic axe!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Congratulations on your NGD.  Here's hoping it doesn't lead to AWS (Angry Wife Syndrome).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-08-18 00:48:56)

A friend of mine who lives on his own tells me a good guitar is medicine to the soul when played. It hurt  him more when he found his wife had sold his favourite guitar than knowing she had left for another man. Phill congratulations on finding a good axe. The lyrics in a song called Ten Guitars talks about guitars are made for love. Then it says and if your with the one you love play a tune  for her. I am sure that will win your lovely wife over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAE9RdOwQdc

6 (edited by Phill Williams 2017-08-18 07:56:24)

Billy Connelly is brilliant. I must admit I've never heard his version of 10 guitars before. But the words are so true about the little old lady (I've met her in so many clubs) and especially the part about ripping Englestick Uncleburts tonsils out.... it's amazing how songs with just 2 chords and a minor can be so Popular.

And the guitar is good too it's like being 18 again and finding yourself on a desert island with a very friendly dusky maiden....I just can't keep my hands off her.

Hi Zurf she's actually telling people that it was her idea! Work that one out. We sat up till 2 in the morning playing bits of song's and riffs and she kept going ooh ah. I think she loved the tone too.

Thanks Jim it is.

Thanks J3 Wednesday must have been one of the best days of my life. We played bingo (yes I know but what else can you do when you're on a bus for 3 hours?) And I won almost enough to pay for the Tanglewood. Sorry I just like saying it...

Congrats on your 8th guitar, Phill ... hope yer missus doesn't get too hostile.

We don't see Tanglewoods here in rural Nova Scotia, especially where they're a UK brand ... don't know much about them. I had a browse around their website, and they've got an impressive selection. Have fun with it!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e7/26/e8/e726e82c021503f4e0db07dc423f51cb--guitar-crafts-guitar-art.jpg

TF
That pic - hysterical !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Congrat's on your new guitar.

Happy NGD - Pics please!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks TF love the Pinocchio pic

Thanks Tyson. When I can't actually play her cos I'm busy I pop in my studio just to look at her...I think it's love.

Hi Topdown, as soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will and let you know.

Thanks all

First off, Congrats on your new addition !!  Like most "Yanks" I'm not familiar with the brand, and looking forward to a photo.... but got curious and "googled".  At first I thought there was some glitch as the images I was looking at seemed a bit TOO familiar, so I put my glasses on.  Could it be that the Odyssey is a licensed version of an Ovation ???  Composite body, rounded, headstock bevel, tuner layout, strap pin location, neck profile, binding...... I think I own it's cousin ! smile

May it give you as many years of good service and pleasure !!!   Hope you got a strap too !  big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare