Topic: Spamming sickos

I wish these spammers would take a week off don't they know I'm in pain here? I've banned and moved a load of spam this morning and as I'm moving them another post appears! Per, this could become a full time job.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Spamming sickos

Wish I could help you Phill but they never seem to post in my sections.

Yeah Phill.  I think you've got a welcome mat out for them. They seem to hit Accessories the most.  I banned some knuckleheads in that section pretty much every morning this week, but I can't do anything about the spam for you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks to all the moderators for all they do. I've noticed an overwhelming amount of Spam lately. My personal emails have been terrible lately also.
Thanks again.

Now I'm feeling guilty for not being as effective of late.  We are helping some good friends move their farmstead 60 miles and what with uprooting fencing and putting it back up at the new place, and equipment, livestock, feed/fodder, and milking machines etc. have been putting in some long days.  Coming home flat out "knackered" and turning in earlier than usual, missing those "prime Spammer hours".

The end is in sight !!  We'll try to get back in there with y'all as able. Ban 'em, Report 'em, and we'll "take out the trash" when we get here.
Thanks for everybody's efforts !!  smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I feel your pain Phill God knows I have banned, moved, deleted and reported more trash than ever lately

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The spam has pretty much driven me away from this site - and that's a shame because I used to really like this forum and have met many great people here. I still check it every day and try my best to help get rid of the offenders, but when 90% + of the posts are spam it's pretty discouraging - and it's pretty obvious that others feel the same way.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Lately it has been worse. These Spamming sickos have nothing to do except make good people and great members of Chordie want to leave.  topdown  do not let these people win and keep posting. How many of our members get spam on their cell phones? It is the same type of problem.To all of our good members please give our moderators time to clean up the mess these people create.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

It seems my little outburst that was meant as a serious joke has taken on a life of its own. Doug does a fabulous job, banning these tossers so when I fall out of bed I can move them so the true members can enjoy Chordie for what it is. But it's not just me and Doug. All us mods do our utmost to keep Chordie clean and friendly.

Maybe little known to regular members is the work that goes on around the world (believe it or not) to moderate and enhance if possible and to help members enjoy their Chordie experience.

It would be great if we could dispose of these spammers permanently but it seems to be less straightforward than it might appear. So please everyone bare with us.

I haven`t been around too much. In the times I have, I didn`t notice anything.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

A hearty round of applause for our Chordie Moderators for all that they do, to minimize the intrusive crap spammers try to heap on us. You guys 'n' gals are appreciated, and your voluntary efforts are what make this such a great site.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/neowin/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-2-0-83045500-1367739905.png

Just want to say "thank you" to all the moderators for all you do to make Chordie a fun and safe place to be.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Spammers are MOMSERS every last one of 'em.

And so say we all! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

14 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-09-01 10:03:01)

Classical Guitar wrote:

Lately it has been worse. These Spamming sickos have nothing to do except make good people and great members of Chordie want to leave.  topdown  do not let these people win and keep posting. How many of our members get spam on their cell phones? It is the same type of problem.To all of our good members please give our moderators time to clean up the mess these people create.

Hear, hear! Well said, CG!

I wonder if there's a way to upload a container ship full of junk to the spammer's websites?

thanks for all your support guys, i know we all appreciate your support.

LMAO TF - That image is very appropriate! I've been here over 10 years and I ain't going nowhere. The fun we have at chordiestock outweighs all of the spam posts by a ton - I have met and jammed with a bunch of chordie folks and every single one of them are an absolute blast to hang with!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

LMAO TF - That image is very appropriate! I've been here over 10 years and I ain't going nowhere. The fun we have at chordiestock outweighs all of the spam posts by a ton - I have met and jammed with a bunch of chordie folks and every single one of them are an absolute blast to hang with!

I have to ask; is that an imperial ton, a metric tonne or an American ton?

Also and far more importantly, what does LMAO mean? I can think of one that Roger wouldn't like...so?

I just want to thank the moderators for making Chordie a great place to pull into when I need a break from other things in life. Chordie Land has some of the finest people on this planet. Thank you Phill and others for fighting the good fight on our behalf against  Spamming Sickos.

Phill, I believe that LMAO stands for Laughing My Arms Off.

Roger

lol lol lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank God for that, arms are a much nicer word.