Topic: Guitar Tabs

GOD I HATE TABS!!!

Re: Guitar Tabs

OK !!  So don't feel alone about it and I assume you have a question or ???  Tab is really a neat way for those that do not read sheet music to convey to others where on the instrument a particular "sound" (note) is located.  That said, not my preferred either, but realizing the value to many, I live with it and make adjustments.  It's nothing personal, and surely not worth a rant.

So the point of your post is????.......

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

He's just expressing frustration, I think. And I hate tabs too. Kind of the same way I hate my metronome. But, both are immensely useful.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Not a great fan of tabs myself, and it's just as easy to learn the notes from sheet music. Both just take a bit of practice.

Thick as two short planks

Tabs are something I only became aware of in the last 10 years or so. I'll admit that they've been useful on a few pieces where I needed some help (especially when learning a solo), but they're not usually my "go to" way of learning a song. For example, I can't imagine how I could have learned the solos in Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" without tabs.