Topic: To all you folks in the path of a Storm....

When you are able, and have gathered your wits again..... Please drop in and let us know how you fared and that you are safe !!   You know how much your "Family" tends to worry about you when you don't write.
wink

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: To all you folks in the path of a Storm....

I saw a message on Facebook that Jeff (Topdown) is back home with no damage done to it. Also Toney (SouthPaw41L) and his family is safe and sound. I hope all other Chordians are safe too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thoughts and prayers are with all our Chordie friends through the hurricane.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hi Chordians,

Here in South Florida (Pembroke Pines near Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale), we fared okay.  Some still without power, running water and (Gasp!) Cable and Internet.  The end result could have been much, much worse here, as the damage to the Keys is horrible.  People are worried if some areas may ever recover.  Have to think the lessons learned from Andrew and the additional building code requirements saved some of our bacon.  We had gusts recorded at 109mph, which surprisingly took down many older, native trees, but most structures were not damaged.  If we could only figure out how to protect utility poles and power lines.   

I did see two reports of looting during the storm posted on social media.  I want to say that those were isolated incidents.  People around here have been awesome; helping one another put up hurricane shutters, behaving on long gas lines, and being courteous to others while shopping the limited items left on the supermarket shelves.  I'd like to think that people in general are good, and most pull together in times of need.   I'm happy to have my electricity and water back on tonight, so maybe some electric guitar and a nice hot shower!

Do what's right. If you have to think about it, it's probably wrong.

Glad you came through it OK, Monsieur Bear.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

With the exception of being without power, all is well. We feel lucky in my area as the storm moved inland south of us and that spared us the worse damage. They were warning of a 6-8 foot storm surge and since I live on the beach, that would have been devastating. Luckily, the actual storm surge was non-existent.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Glad you're safe, Topdown and Kodiak. Our thoughts are with all who have suffered terrible losses of property and the like, but nothing is worth as much as a life. Thanks for letting us know ... you're real troopers, both of you!

Glad to hear you folks came through safe and sound.