1 (edited by beamer 2017-09-21 15:01:07)

Topic: Dad brag moment!

My Chordie family has heard my son Cory and I jam out,  Well tonight he jammed out with his first love.

After sitting out 2 games due to vacation missed practices, Cory got to dress out. He then went in for a injured player and KICKED BUTT! It was a great game. the boys started slow, but came back and won their first win  26-20.

After the game he says to me "I think ill be starting now" (That boy doesn't know what not starting means since he was 6!)  ALL the boys worked hard and earned this win! 
Running markers is the best way to watch the game!
Sorry its so big.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21740581_10214908798932768_6448295298308465559_n.jpg?oh=b52f1dbc4f9a36ee881fb145ea2c1874&oe=5A4091A3

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Dad brag moment!

Congrats to Cory and the proud dad.

I take it that you're talking about American football? I didn't understand a word of the terminology. EG; jam is what we put on toast. Jammed out with his first love I took to mean his girlfriend played guitar? 2 countries devided by the same(?) Language. Good luck on his forthcoming games.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Good for Cory!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well done Cory.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Beamer

Nice picture.   
He sure is looking happy - best of luck throuhout the remaining season

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Nice Picture Beamer I think sport is a great way to help build character.

Yep, same as Phill. I thought Cory and his girlfriend were making music together. I don't understand it but good luck.

Thick as two short planks

Congrats, Beamer!

Cory's a sturdy looking lad, and I wouldn't want him tackling me! Reminds of Johnny Cash's lyrics "... I hear that train a-coming ..." ... clear the tracks! You have every right to be proud and to brag a little.

Once again thanks to all, for our friends across the pond  "he Jammed out with his first love" = American football (IE: Not soccer)  Yes it was a confusing adjective, so sorry about that.  He has played foot ball since he was 6yrs old. 
He was correct in his statement about thinking he would be starting.   He was told he was going to be starting Defense and then I find out yesterday they swapped him out for tonight's game to Starting Offence. ( I like him on D because he can get more recognition as a tackle by bringing down the Qtr back or the guy with the ball)  But he is pumped up for it. weekly reports to follow, (I know it may be a bit much but hey were family smile  )

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-09-29 06:37:49)

I watched the Super Bowl  for the first time this year. I  watched the New England Patriots playing  Atlanta Falcons. What a game and also what a entertainment spectacle. I enjoyed the drama of the game. Next year I will watch it again. Even though I don't know the rules it made sense to me.