Topic: Tom Petty RIP

We lost another great musician/singer and songwriter Tom Petty dead at 66 of a heart attack. RIP

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 (edited by Classical Guitar 2017-10-02 22:24:46)

Re: Tom Petty RIP

Tom Petty was a great one for so long. He just finished a nationwide tour, and planned to release a new album. Rest in peace.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

I'm not so sure.

There were initial reports that he died but I was just watching the local news and they're saying he's in ICU following a major heart attack.

Yup
Awful news - But the news out of Las Vegas is more tragic. 59 dead and over 400 wounded. 

This world has some crazy damn people in it

May God bless Tom, his family and all the victims of Las Vegas

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

unclejoesband wrote:

I'm not so sure.

There were initial reports that he died but I was just watching the local news and they're saying he's in ICU following a major heart attack.

I seen that too but later reports said he was brain dead and they pulled the plug I sure hope you are right and I am wrong.

It's too bad that the death of Tom Petty is rightly over showered by the tragic actions of a deranged  person!! Nothing can take away the greatness of Tom!! RIP my friend we shall all meet again at the right time

He is still alive. Not for long. Until then, he hasn`t passed yet. CBS acted too soon.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

He is still alive. Not for long. Until then, he hasn`t passed yet. CBS acted too soon.

From what I have researched ( a lot)  he remains alive and his family has a do not resuscitate order in place but is not expected to live thru the night, this I do not understand unless he is in a coma or has lost all brain functions why not resuscitate him? more updates are needed to clarify as a whole lot of people are confused including me.

8:40 PM Pacific time, Tom Petty passed away in Hospital following a heart attack.  [Official reports from a Family Spokesperson.]

He'll be missed, but the music plays on...... RIP.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

RIP, Tom Petty. A true original. Joining George and Roy.

11 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-10-03 09:47:47)

Russell_Harding wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

From what I have researched ( a lot)  he remains alive and his family has a do not resuscitate order in place but is not expected to live thru the night, this I do not understand unless he is in a coma or has lost all brain functions why not resuscitate him? more updates are needed to clarify as a whole lot of people are confused including me.

Without going into detail, my father passed away on March 17 of this year. Dadhad a "DNR Order" put in his personal care directives, and it was his choice ... no one else's. I would expect Mr. Petty had something similar in place, as I don't believe a family member can make that decision, unless they were granted legal rights by the patient beforehand. The laws might be different in the US, but that's how it works in Canada at the moment.

Tenement Funster wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Without going into detail, my father passed away on March 17 of this year. Dadhad a "DNR Order" put in his personal care directives, and it was his choice ... no one else's. I would expect Mr. Petty had something similar in place, as I don't believe a family member can make that decision, unless they were granted legal rights by the patient beforehand. The laws might be different in the US, but that's how it works in Canada at the moment.

Sorry to hear that. My father passed away on March 17th too. In 1984.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

What a loss...RIP