Re: ChordiePa 2017

Hey, Uncle Joe- thanks so much for the hospitality this weekend. It was a blast playing with you,  Amy and Jim (“or something like that”), Scott, Jeff, Zurf, Mike and visiting with them and all of the others who turned out. What a great time! As it happens at all of these events, there was a magic 3-4 hours on Saturday in which the song list and performances were well above the bar and the fellowship and food was just an addition to an overall great time!

Looking forward to the next one and exploring a set of VirginiaFest dates in the middle Atlantic near Richmond for sometime in 2018.

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

27 (edited by unclejoesband 2017-10-10 01:03:02)

Sorry for taking so long to get back here. Our internet was down all day.  So I spent the day going through and renaming all the videos. There are 44 total. A couple of them are just idle chit-chat but I'm going to include them when I upload to YouTube. I have 8 uploading right now. When I was labeling them I numbered them as well so the whole series will be in chronological order.

Thanks to everyone that came. It was great to see you again Zurf. Sorry that you went under the weather and couldn't stay the night. I'm looking forward to a Zurfapalooza next summer. smile

It was great to meet Robert (Topdawgz) after our first meeting a couple years ago fell through. He added another dimension to the group. The height of the evening for me was he and Scott did a song called Mexicali Blues. It fit right in with his "Troubles in Mexico" theme of the day.  Even though they had just met a few hours earlier you never would have guessed it. They sounded like they'd been playing together for years. It may be a couple days till I get videos from that late in the evening uploaded. Thanks again for stopping in Robert. It was a pleasure meeting you.

And Jim and Amy. What's there to say? It's a real pleasure hanging with you and I always look forward to seeing you guys. Jim has made amazing progress in the 2 years I've known him.  Quick side note Jim. More wrist. Less elbow. big_smile

We couldn't have asked for better weather. Woke up to a crisp morning which quickly turned into sunshine and low 80's for the rest of the day. We set up in the shade of some big, tall oak and hickory trees. The light breeze under the trees made for a perfect day. A complete turnaround from last years rainy weekend.

mekidsmom wrote:

The weekend weather was absolutely beautiful, the guitar time was wonderful (or "something like that")...

The theme of the weekend along with "play through it" big_smile 

...Let Jeff know that Steph will be impossible to keep out of the car next year, as long as Dexter is expected to be there.  wink  I'll make sure she practices up.  We look forward to seeing you all at the next slightly North Eastern event, be that perhaps a little south of here or right at our home in July/August next year.

I'll let him know and will certainly be coming to NY next summer

Zurf wrote:

Hey Uncle Joe, thanks for having me... I really enjoyed that fellow who was playing bluegrass tunes. That made the night a little brighter.

Thank you for coming. That fellow (Mike) had hurt his fingers a couple years ago and was just getting back into it. He was hoping we would be doing it again this year. He was a bit disappointed when I told him it was a once a year event but I expect that we'll get together when we're both there on the weekends.

And since I got distracted while writing this, the first set of video's finished loading. Here's a bit of the early afternoon. If I screwed up any of the song names let me know. I'll fix it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … AgJw-Nngim

I uploaded the remaining video's in one large batch this morning. When I got home they were all finished and ready to be published. Here is the entire day until it got dark. I shot 4-5 more after it got dark. #40 was the height of the evening for me. Topdawgz and Scott did an awesome job.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … AgJw-Nngim

I enjoyed watching and listening to all you good folks on those  videos. Thank you UJB

Thanks so much for posting these videos, UJB ... I feel as if I've got to know some of you a bit better. Making it to a "Chordie Conclave" is definitely on my bucket list.

Thanks for posting UJB.  Wish I could've made it but Oct 8 is my youngest grand daughter's birthday, plus there was a reunion on the 6th for folks that used to play at a popular open mic venue that closed several years ago. I've made it to every reunion and didn't want to miss this one as it was also a celebration to honor a couple performers who passed away this year. At least watching your videos made it seem like I was almost in the "picker's circle".

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Great job on the vids UJB, I've been enjoying them. It would be neat to do something similar at Chordiestock, but I'm not sure I have the patience smile . Hope some of you can make it to Florida next year for CSVI the weekend of 3/17/18.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

33 (edited by unclejoesband 2017-10-11 23:45:04)

Topdawgz wrote:

Looking forward to the next one and exploring a set of VirginiaFest dates in the middle Atlantic near Richmond for sometime in 2018.

And I'll be looking forward to being there. smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Thanks so much for posting these videos, UJB ... I feel as if I've got to know some of you a bit better. Making it to a "Chordie Conclave" is definitely on my bucket list.

Upstate NY is in August. Very little chance of snow and plenty of time to plan ahead for that one. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_0954.gif

That's over 1000 miles for you isn't it?

Dirty Ed wrote:

At least watching your videos made it seem like I was almost in the "picker's circle".

That's the whole idea. You get a much better feel for the people and the atmosphere with video as opposed to still photos.

topdown wrote:

Great job on the vids UJB, I've been enjoying them. It would be neat to do something similar at Chordiestock, but I'm not sure I have the patience smile

It does take some time and diligence. You'll notice in a couple of them that I got distracted and the camera didn't get moved until part way into the next song.

It's worth spending a little time doing it though.