Topic: Possible site infection

Site seems infected - constant redirect to google.com-win-a-free-gift-from-amazon-walmart-samsung.verygoodads.com/home/valid?jkhjkhetjkewhkjth=541;9;a3744b23e1ab80a1b8f6767ddf36fd29;c501e22b6e7def8cb7c61a473110a693;s2=100918.330793%7Cs3=chordie.com%7C;781330_1058;

Re: Possible site infection

I didn't have any problem coming right through to the Home page or the Forum Index..... try clearing your cookies on your browser and see if the issue persists.  Let us know the results.

Thanks !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

No problem here either.

I am having the same issue

Nice

I keep getting the re directed to you won a Google phone, Walmart you want a $1000 X cetera I have cleared my history and website 5 times now I have allowed cookies only from current website which would be Chordie and that didn't help either . Chordie at this moment is basically unusable for me.

all these post are first time posters...   hmmmmm

I have had no problem

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I can hardly be on the site
for a minute without it appearing. How is posting for the first time relevant?  I came to the forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Can’t use my songbook without Google rewards fake ad highjacking.

Buddy, the reference to first time posters is meant for new members that have no knowledge or indeed any inclination about music or interaction with musicians of any kind of standard. they are here simply to return later to add spam and/or infections which you seem to have contracted on your computer. due to the fact that you have been a member since 2012 your posts are discounted from that group of pests known as spammers. please don't feel slighted as i'm sure TIGLJK (Jim) wasn't referring to you and meant no slight. though it would be nice to have more members joining in with the forum conversations, asking for and offering help or just the pleasure of a chat.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Has anybody tried clearing cookies as I suggested??  If so I have yet to see any reports of if it works.  In the past when issues happen, that seems to usually correct the problem (corrupt or invalid cookie).  Chordie only provides a very small and limited space for Google Ad-Sense to place advertising, and sometimes they get greedy.... but we don't control their content, and if there is a problem from their end all we can really do is complain and let them fix it.

The other option is installing an Ad Blocking plug-in and not see any ads anywhere (which many have done with success).  I clear all cookies on browser shut down always, so perhaps that is why I cannot duplicate your issue.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

What many newbies do not seem to realize that if there were problems with Chordie there would be thousands of Members asking what is wrong. If the issue is only with one or two Members then it has to be at their end and not with Chordie. I have never had a problem with adverts and I have probably been using Chordie longer than any current user (about 16 years), however. I clear my cookies on a regular basis and have used an adblocker for a long, long time.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi both my iPhone and iPad pro are getting the google pop up message about winning a $1000 Walmart card. I cannot get in to Chordie on these 2 devices. I tried resets, cleaning out all cookies and ads, erasing history switching from Safari to Duck Duck browser and this afternoon, spent over an hour with Apple care.  They could not fix the issue and determined that it was the Chordie site as it was only happening with my phone and iPad but not with my iMac desktop which must have more security on it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have many songs in my songbook and I really miss not being able to use chordie on these devices.  Thanks , Roger

Hi Roger,
Really sorry to hear that. I can assure you that this is not intentional from my side. These kind of ads are not allowed on Chordie, but since I am using 3rd party services here, it might happen that such ads get through the filters.

It is however challenging to debug since it is not happening on my computer/iPad. Do you have the url for the ad? Depending on how it is displayed on the iPad, it might be possible to see the url. If I had that, it would be a lot easier for me to track this down.

14 (edited by rogeru4371 2017-12-01 16:13:14)

Hi I just tried to send you the cut and pasted  url but chordie rejects it as I am a relatively new user.  If you send me a way to send it to you I would be happy to do so.  Again thanks so much

Try cleaning out your computer with CCleaner and Malwarebytes
. Here is a link to CCleaner: http://www.piriform.com/news/release-an … eaner-v316

Here is a link to  Malwarebytes:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Be sure to download the free version of each. Hope these will help you . Both programs as rated very good.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Agree with the other "veterans": Clear cookies and install Malware Bytes and CCleaner, if you are so inclined and let's see if that fixes your problem. If you will, please let us know.

Thanks

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Sounds like a virus mate, mine's fine.