Topic: Plenty of practice time coming up.

I am not allowed to drive for 6 months.  Now I should have plenty of time to play. NGDs will be few and far between. BYG may be questionable this year.  Note-- It isn`t for a DUI or anything like that.  I have to go 6 months without any fainting spells before I can drive again. Wish me luck.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Plenty of practice time coming up.

I hope your brain gets well. That sounds pretty serious.

I started using a book called "Idiot's Guide to Guitar Exercises," which sounded just about right for me. I've only just started, but the exercises are quite difficult. They're pushing my ability to concentrate and make my fingers behave.  If you've got some practice time coming up, you might want to consider it or something like it.  Those structured exercises seem to make a real difference for me. The book I mentioned is about $20 from Amazon.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

JJJ, that does sound serious !!  maybe it would be a good idea to touch bases with those Google Folks and see if you could be a "test user" for one of the autonomous cars. I'd think they would be a great way to get around.... "Alexa, I'm fading out here, call my Doctor, tell him I'm coming, and take me there." Then call the office and let them know I'll be a little late." smile

Get Better Soon, and yeah a little structured practice is always a good thing.  I too am going to check out that book Zurf mentioned, My own "chops" have gotten really "sloppy" and slow recently (the last couple of years especially).

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

go 6 months without any fainting spells before

You shouldn't cast spells .... !! (Get well soon)

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Zurf ...

That book sounds like an excellent idea. My practice times have become quite stale and uninspiring, so a change of approach may just be what the doctor ordered. Much obliged!

Poor Chris!  Alright, so no more fainting.  Stay away from all the beautiful people.  Take it easy.  Get some rest.  I don't think this is a valid enough excuse not to make it to BYG 2018.  I  mean, that's like, 7 months away and I have some SPARKLERS to put in a CAKE!  big_smile 

Get better!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

7 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2018-01-13 22:40:10)

mekidsmom wrote:

Poor Chris!  Alright, so no more fainting.  Stay away from all the beautiful people.  Take it easy.  Get some rest.  I don't think this is a valid enough excuse not to make it to BYG 2018.  I  mean, that's like, 7 months away and I have some SPARKLERS to put in a CAKE!  big_smile 

Get better!

She may have to drive the whole trip. Which means using her car. That`s a long ride to be a passenger. Especially without my car. It`s not bad now being chauffeured. The novelty is starting to wear off now. She lives a half hour away. I`m used to picking her up. Not the other way around.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

mekidsmom wrote:

Get better!

Chris basically said last night that I am going even if she has to tie me up and drive me herself. I guess I should take that threat seriously. Lol.

Enjoy Every Sandwich