Topic: Yamaha F300 model guitar

Does anyone who has played one or one have comments?  It is the entry-level model in Yamaha's line of folk guitars. 

I am thinking of getting one as a beater as I can get it at no cost to me (though there is some opportunity cost wherein I'd give up the opportunity to get other things of value to me). 

Would appreciate some hands-on information about the guitar to help me take an informed decision. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Yamaha F300 model guitar

Zurf, can you put this in the acoustic section too? I want a reply from this as I am thinking of getting a new guitar soon, but i had my eye on some sort of semi acoustic ibanez from the big Co for 200 quid.

but if I mightgofor a yamaha too, I got a few months to decide i think.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Done.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

4 (edited by alvee33 2007-08-22 16:11:59)

Ken, I got a Yamaha APX500 for under 200 notes from Merchant City Music in Garth Street in Glasgow. A fantastic electro-acoustic which I believe has come down in price since then. Also a fantastic little shop with a good range and all guitars are well set up.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electro … tic_guitar

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

5 (edited by upyerkilt 2007-08-22 17:05:31)

Cheers for that Al,

That looks just like the Ibanez I had my eye on.
But how does it feel to play?
has it got low actio yet will not buzzzzzzz?
can I pay it up a fiver a week like the big Co op? lol
HArdwood top or spruce?

I will be looking ito this guitar more though.
cheers

Ken
p.s. back in to do a quick edit on this post. I just looked again and saw the ibanez I have my eye on there, same price.
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electro … tic_guitar

it looks good and sounds good

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Spruce top. Nato back and sides. Rosewood fingerboard. Action is sweet. Nice n low with no buzz. As I say all these guitars are very well set up before they go on the wall. I love mine to bits.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Zurf, I answered your question in the acoustic section, because I have a Yamaha FG 300

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]