26 (edited by Phill Williams 2018-01-23 09:34:30)

Re: How Many Guitars Do You Really Need?

I wish I felt the same way as you guys about guitars. To me a guitar is like a car....gets you from A to B. Don't get me wrong, I love most of my guitars, there's a certain black one that I panic bought...urgh! So it sits upstairs gathering dust. It looks pretty, but....

My Crafter I need for recording.
My Tanglewood for pleasure.
My Telecaster for stage and also recording.
My non-descript 12er also recording.
My Wilson bass...ditto
My 72 Strat comes out now and then for enjoyment along with my Fender F90 acoustic.

I have no plans to buy more, but never say never. I fancy a gold top LP but they're far too expensive.
As they say about alcohol; let's hope enough comes before falling over

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

27 (edited by Russell_Harding 2018-01-23 14:57:57)

I like all my guitars they each have a tonal personality that is unique. My LP is bread and butter next is my Modern players Tele and then my Texmex Strat around my pad I mostly play my Hohner electric acoustic when I am learning a song or composing and of course my Squire it has its merits too and combined they are my harem lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell

Good to hear from you !!!
Playing any gigs or making any videos  lately ?

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Truth be told, I only NEED one, the one I'm playing at the time, which is the Martin. It's nice to have the 12 string for simple songs that could use a little extra sound but I don't need it.

I don't Need the 1946 Epiphone Broadway but, well, it's a 1946 Epiphone Broadway and it's really cool. smile The other 8 I could take or leave. They're something for a guest to play if they didn't bring one of their own.

I have no plans or desire to buy any more but as Phill said; never say never.

Funny because I just bought a new guitar, an electro acoustic, because I'd like to play live (only did once), I bought a Martin (I always dreamed about having one), a Martin DX1 RAE, the best guitar I own so far... !

I play a lot with my Sigma acoustic, and I also have a Cort (117$) frets are wore out, I don't even know how I could sell it and I have 2 electric guitars, a Mexican Fender Stratocaster and a Ephiphone SG Emily the Strange.

I'm thinking about selling the Cort (even for only 10$) and I hesitate if I sell the Fender or the Epiphone... I almost never play electric, I only use them for solos or add something to a song...

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]

always one more!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

32 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2018-01-25 20:04:01)

Every time I say no more, ................ Sometimes I will find a guitar that is dirt cheap with a good hardshell case. So I buy it for the case. One time I had to buy the guitar and amp for $30.00. I wanted the amp. The amp was worth a lot more. I sold one for $100.00 and took another guitar in trade. I listed it at $150.00 hoping to get $100.00. That is when the items come to me. Lol.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.