26 (edited by beamer 2018-01-22 04:12:18)

Re: CHORDIESTOCK VI - 3/16/18 - 3/18/18

OK i found a airbnb at this address,   5100 Duhme Road, Saint Petersburg, FL 33708,  I may have to uber back an forth or im getting a car.  Jeff how far is it? It showed on airbnb as maderia beach.  also it has a pull out couch, IF ANYONE WHATS TO SPLIT THE COST IT WOULD BE AWESOME ILL EVEN TAKE THE PULL OUT.  i HAVE IT FOR FRI SAT AND SUNDAY NIGHT ONE HALF OF COST IS 125 ish.

As I said I am not missing a 3rd year! (wish i didnt live so far away!)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

wish i didnt live so far away!

I wish I lived as close as you tongue

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Beamer - looks to be about 2.5 miles away - just over the bridge. It has a Mad Beach address, but is really on the mainland. I am sure we can work out transportation during your stay, but uber might be necessary to get you back in the evenings as folks that are able to drive late at night are usually few and far between smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I got a rental, but I may need a DD. Lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

2.5 miles - Warm up your Uber.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Dang Z you got a stutter? LOLOL  big_smile

beamer wrote:

Dang Z you got a stutter? LOLOL  big_smile

My stupid tablet. I hate that thing.

So Normtheguitar is confirmed as well as Beamer. I’m still hoping Wayne and Liz can make it and if BGD, JoeyX3, and Dirty Ed show up, this might be the most chordians that ever made it to a chordiestock! About 1-1/2 months away!

I'll be there too.

Tickets are booked. Super excited!

It is starting to look like I can make it. Does this mean that I will have to deal with other peoples funny accents??

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Several questions since I'm a Chordiestock neophyte:
- Is there a rookie tradition? Will I need to eat the raw heart of a recently-harvested deer, catch a shark with my bare hands, or arrive in an outfit made only of silly string?
- Other than guitars (acoustic only, per Jeff's instructions) should I bring other noisemakers? Aux percussion, spare trombone, etc?

Eat a raw deer heart ? hahahahahahahahahahah............. but then of course there's the rookie obligation to buy a round of adult beverages. smile

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

Eat a raw deer heart ? hahahahahahahahahahah............. but then of course there's the rookie obligation to buy a round of adult beverages. smile

I was gonna do that either way!

There is no rookie tradition as of yet, perhaps someone will come up with one? Of course a shot of your beverage of choice will be offered!

As far as other instruments go, as long as it doesn't plug in you are welcome to bring along whatever you can squeeze in your suitcase. We will have a percussionist here (Cowboy)  and I have a small assortment of shakey and bangey and jingly things, but more are welcome!

I`m looking into taking a Greyhound and finding a hotel close by.  Still in the planning stages.  Hoping to make it. It will be just me.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I'm going to put myself on the maybe list. I have a friend in SC I'm going to visit next month. If we can coordinate the timing, I just may continue South to FL. when I leave his place.

Jx3 and UJB in the same room would be awesome! I always seem to get you guys confused, so it would either add some clarity or be very confusing to see you together (likely dependent on the amount of bourbon I have consumed). Hope you both can make it!

topdown wrote:

likely dependent on the amount of bourbon I have consumed

it might be Jx6 + UJBx2!!! wink

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

neophytte wrote:
topdown wrote:

likely dependent on the amount of bourbon I have consumed

it might be Jx6 + UJBx2!!! wink

Do I need to take a physics class to figure this out? lol

I`m looking into the Holiday Inn Express. Taking a greyhound back and forth. If I can plan this right, I will just have to figure out which guitar to take down.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

^ JJJ - If you don't want to travel with a guitar, I've got a couple of spares you are welcome to borrow.

We will be there. Staying at the Days Inn 34th St. North. St. Petersburg. Taking a Greyhound. My girlfriend Chris will be coming.

Enjoy Every Sandwich