Topic: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

it's stopped working. the site doesn't seem to know if you're logged in or not

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

Howdy,  At the moment nothing seems wrong with the log-on function from my end ("user side" not Admin side), but having said that it does not mean the problem does not exist.
One thing you might try is clearing cookies in your browser and then visiting the site and logging on as usual.  A majority of log-on problems in the past have been the result of a corrupt or expired cookie.  Clearing the old out, will often "cure" the difficulty.  Let us know if that worked for you as well.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

it's just the 'login/add to songbook' that's dodgy

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

Did you try clearing your cookie as Doug suggested before you posted this reply?

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

Songbook not working for me either - link doesn't go to login, displays info page instead, and even when logged in can't save anything new to songbook. Cleared cookies and cache in Chrome - still no luck. Hope it's back soon !

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

Not sure what's going on now - songbook won't work with Celine Dion (okay, okay - just saying) but does with a Waifs song. Go figure!

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

maybe it's to do with where the song is stored...?

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

ghostgum wrote:

Not sure what's going on now - songbook won't work with Celine Dion (okay, okay - just saying) but does with a Waifs song. Go figure!

Wait ... there's Waif songs on here???

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV

9 (edited by Classical Guitar 2017-12-24 04:27:01)

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

neophytte wrote:
ghostgum wrote:

Not sure what's going on now - songbook won't work with Celine Dion (okay, okay - just saying) but does with a Waifs song. Go figure!

Wait ... there's Waif songs on here???

Yes there are 12  of his songs listed .  Here is a quick link:  http://www.chordie.com/song.php/songart … index.html

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

Classical Guitar wrote:
neophytte wrote:
ghostgum wrote:

Not sure what's going on now - songbook won't work with Celine Dion (okay, okay - just saying) but does with a Waifs song. Go figure!

Wait ... there's Waif songs on here???

Yes there are 12  of his songs listed .  Here is a quick link:  http://www.chordie.com/song.php/songart … index.html

Yep, I've got all of them - great band from Albany!!!

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

It seem to be working for me. Even Celine Dion.
Sometime there are more than one version of the song. You have to pick one and click on it. You have to see the song with the cords, to get the [add song] button to work.
Also disable any and all ad blockers you may be using. White list chordie.com.
Please don't use ad blockers on Chordie.com.

It's how we can give back for using such a great service!

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

I just started chordie again and added a song yesterday.  Today I tried to add another song to my songbook and I am shifted to forum.  I have read  all the older posts and tried some of the solutions shich do not work.  What to do?

Re: the 'add to songbook' feature is broken

woodoc_2000 wrote:

I just started chordie again and added a song yesterday.  Today I tried to add another song to my songbook and I am shifted to forum.  I have read  all the older posts and tried some of the solutions shich do not work.  What to do?

I'm not an expert on this site, but do you have cookies enabled, which would keep you logged in??  (or, techically, you log in again, via the cookie, but appears as if you don't log out) - also, if you do log in, check any boxes that say "keep me logged in" ...

Cheers

Richard

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV