Topic: Since I met you baby (old tune)

This is always a fun tune to do on acoustic  I  chose this particular song only because it was buzzing around my head and the mood I was in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYV1CWZ … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Since I met you baby (old tune)

Nicely done Russ - Been a while since you've posted a vid and I really like the back to basics acoustic blues! You still got it!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I love the way you do that song Russell.

topdown wrote:

Nicely done Russ - Been a while since you've posted a vid and I really like the back to basics acoustic blues! You still got it!

Thanks Top! smile Yeah it has been a while and before I videotaped this I had a student who took up 2 hrs of my time and I came home and practiced for a hour and a half and was really tired but this song would not go away so I set up the cam and just played it without any effects or backing tracks which is kinda unusual for me. lol

Peatle Jville wrote:

I love the way you do that song Russell.

much appreciated Peatle and thank you for leaving a nice message  on the video smile

Russell
That was a really sweet rendition.
I loved the tempo and all the fills you put in.
Sounded really great to me.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell
That was a really sweet rendition.
I loved the tempo and all the fills you put in.
Sounded really great to me.

Jim

Thanks Jim a great tune to pick wish I had wrote it lol smile

Nice cover Russell!
You nailed it ;-)

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]

CurtRHCP wrote:

Nice cover Russell!
You nailed it ;-)

Appreciate the kind words, Curt, I like the oldies they seem to make a lot more sense then the "new" stuff we find on TV or the web at least to me smile

Listened to this twice. You have kind of a Ray Charles vocal vibe happening.

EDIT: Three times now. Great work man.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Listened to this twice. You have kind of a Ray Charles vocal vibe happening.

EDIT: Three times now. Great work man.

Glad ya liked it and Thanks for the comments, I think my vocals kind of get a little raspier each year lol  lot of low notes I used to be able to hit but not anymore but on the bright side a lot of notes on the upper end I seem to not struggle with smile

That was really good Russell, sat back and just chilled listening to it, so good.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle wrote:

That was really good Russell, sat back and just chilled listening to it, so good.

Thank you! I think there are some songs which never get old or out of fashion and the blues offers up quite a few smile

Hi Russell I enjoyed listening to your playing and singing,excellent.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

ctech wrote:

Hi Russell I enjoyed listening to your playing and singing,excellent.

Thank you for giving a look and for your feedback much appreciated smile

Russ, not sure if you have this album or have heard this version, but I have loved this song ever since I got the album in high school. It's one of the reasons I started playing blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu1mKfl5Zyc

Baldguitardude wrote:

Russ, not sure if you have this album or have heard this version, but I have loved this song ever since I got the album in high school. It's one of the reasons I started playing blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu1mKfl5Zyc

wow! I have not heard this cover before BB is excellent as usual and the lady is a nice addition to this classic thanks for the link smile

You really nailed the soulful sound of that one, Russell ... thanks for posting. I couldn't help but notice that the ol' arthritis is starting to hit your hands, too ... no more 32nd note shredding for us older guys, eh?

Tenement Funster wrote:

You really nailed the soulful sound of that one, Russell ... thanks for posting. I couldn't help but notice that the ol' arthritis is starting to hit your hands, too ... no more 32nd note shredding for us older guys, eh?

TF thank  you for giving a look and commenting, regarding that "OL Arthritis" it is not really affecting me I still can hit 64th notes if needed 32nd notes are normal eat your heart out lol