Topic: My Sense Of Humor Is Slowly Coming Back

I don't talk about it much, but I'm still dealing with my mite problem. In short, these things (I call 'em my "Homies") are still plagueing me - especially at night. I sleep in the recliner so I can't hear them scrabbling against my pillow.

I can't hold Dondra because I don't want to infect her (her immune system is stronger then mine) and I;ve been to a total of 6 doctors and spent close to $500.00 trying first one thing and then another.

But I'm not going to dwell on it except to tell you if you have outside pets and you have tactile contact with them wash your hands IMMEDIATELY. We've got cleaner everywhere in our apartment, because of the high number of flu deaths.

"Okay, where's the funny stuff, Bill?" I hear you saying, so here it is:: When I was in broadcasting, I wrote my own jokes and this morning I was watching "The Frankenstein Chronicles" when a judge was heard to say the following: "You have been convicted of murder, and you are hereby sentenced to be hanged by the neck until dead>"

Whereupon the guy in the dock says, "But only until dead, right your honor?" wink

I figure the guy must have been an optimist.

If you want to use the joke (if it has any merit) please do so with my compliments. I'm too old to sue anyone for plagiarism.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: My Sense Of Humor Is Slowly Coming Back

Well, I'm guessing that harks back to the days before the noose would snap the neck as the victim fell. They would slowly choke or get strangled or as was supposed to happen to Guy Fawks, cut down before death to watch their own intestines being cut out and placed on their chests. Ah the good old days? For less infamous offenders the would be hung and left hanging till the crows, rats, flies etc would pick the bones clean, were they dead by then? Who knows?
As to your little friends....maybe one has layed eggs in your skin?

I'm trying to think of a joke but I've failed...old age, you know?

Have you tried teatree oil?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-02-21 23:17:51)

Phill, my friend, you name it chances are I have bought and tried it. Teatree Oil, Mange medicine for dogs and horses, oil of cedar and a paste one smears over one's body.

About 80% of doctors here in the US, do not know how to treat for mites (sometimes called Scabies), so they diagnose people like me with  "Delirious Parasitosis" I'll let you google that one, but it means "This is all in your head, Bill, so I want you to see a psychiatrist." There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of us who have been misdiagnosed and sent on to a shrink, just because no doctor here in America wants to help  and cure us. Also, (if you're interested, look up Morgellon's Disease another great way to be eaten from the inside out.

They're not in my head. They are ON my head, and IN my body. I don't allow myself to get closer than 6 feet from my wife or others because I'm so afraid she'll get infected, and there have been nights when I've lain awake in tears because I am not the one who's supposed to be sick. I'm supposed to be well and strong so I can take care of Dondra. Christmas with our family was hell. Everyone wanted to hug me and I had to lie and say I had a bad cold. I also wore a knit cap to keep those things from falling from my head into the food that was laid out.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Bill

PS: I've contacted several attorneys about filing a class action suit on behalf of all of us, But first a bunch of us have to die and what exactly would be the basis for such a suit. Sending someone to a psychiatrist doesn't hurt anyone.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-02-21 23:26:04)

Just to prove to y'all that I DO still have a sense of humor, here's a tune I am working to cover. wink Sing along, boys and girls!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkzE23pyME4

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-02-22 04:08:44)

Bill you have a wonderful sense of humor loved by me and many others on here.
Those little critters that suck.
One day you will  kick their little butts out of there.
Keep up the fight and you will come right

A friend of mine once worked as a broadcaster like you he use to tell many jokes. .  He did many a interview and the Rudyard Kipling poem below was something he had to learn at radio school while developing his skills.

Rudyard Kipling – I keep six honest serving-men

Kipling’s daughter Elsie Bambridge claimed that “I keep six honest serving-men” referred to her as a little girl when, due to the number of questions she asked, she was known in the family as “Elsie Why”

I Keep six honest serving men.
  (They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
    And How and Where and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
    I send them east and west;
But after they have worked for me,
    I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,
    For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
    For they are hungry men:
But different folk have different views;
    I know a person small –
She keeps ten million serving-men,
    Who get no rest at all!
She sends ’em abroad on her own affairs,
    From the second she opens her eyes –
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
    And seven million Whys!

Ha! I remember that Kipling poem from my high school years, Pete. Thanks for the memory! And thanks for the compliment and support, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Sounds like my granddaughter. Thanks for putting that up Peatle it's brightened my day no end.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Herr Loremaster ... you've done it again. I'd never seen that poem by Mr. Kipling, but it's a real beauty!