Topic: John Prine and Mac Wiseman

I just found out last week that "John Prine" and "MAc Wiseman" had recorded an album together, so I got it!!! it was donr in April this year.
pretty good stuff on it and also stuff that will have to grgowon me a lot!!
all covers on it, but ye wouldnt know, unless you know the songs,lol.
all very well done

It is called
Standard songs for average people

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: John Prine and Mac Wiseman

Sweet!!! I'm a gonna have to pick that up. John Prine is amazing!! He spends alot of his down time here on the west coast of Florida where I reside. A friend of mine was playing a gig in a hole in the wall bar and Mr.Prine came trotting in and played 3 songs with the guys. My buddy, Vinnie, said he was so awe shocked he could hardly play his bass.

I picked up Prine's "Fair and Square" release last year. Really solid CD. Alison Krauss , Jerry Douglass, Ron Block, and Dan Tyminski(sp.?) make a cameo on this CD. I think my favorite track is "My Darling Hometown".

Thanks for the heads up.

Give everything but up.

john prine is one of the best.  i thought i had everthing by him guess not. id really like to get a copy of the austin city limits concert he did which is pretty much all "fair and square"  my fav john prine sond{so far} is sweet revenge

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

i just had to go out and get that cd and suprisingly  our little record store had it. i bought their only copy. friggen awesome thanks for the heads upyerkilt

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat