Topic: homemade

i'm cosidering making a guitar in my wood shop, does any one know how to go about this, or a good book on it?

the answer is blowin' in the wind

Re: homemade

You might try a guitar kit  first and get some ideas about what you are getting into...
here is a link
http://www.grizzly.com/products/searchr … x?q=guitar

Re: homemade

Buy Melvin Hiscock's book "make your own electric guitar" and read it first it is considered the guitar makers bible.  It's a lot of work but if you have time, patience and the tools it can be done. You have to weigh out the cost of materials versus and aready built guitar that you can hot rod cheaper than your build.  Also you will get personal satisfaction on building your own but you will never be able to sell it or trade it for what it cost to make. As mentioned you can buy a guitar kit and assemble it, you will get the basic fundamentals of how a guitar is made.  The book goes for about $29.00 american less shipping & handling.  I had my mind set on a Michael Kelly Valor X guitar, I had the money but then I found a beautiful Flamed top Black Korina strat body and bought it to day for my next build. The body alone cost $416.00 american.  It is an expensive hobby but when I'm done that will be my show case guitar of what type of work that I do and hopefully get me some new business.

Let me know if I could be any help.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.