Topic: Update - new layout
The new layout module is now online. This means better formatted songs for everybody!
There is a major change in how the songs and the chords are written in html. I wont go into technical details here, but this will solve a lot of my unresolved bugs.
* The old layout made it impossible to copy into another program (like Word). This is now possible!
* The old layout had some issues on multipage songs. Some chords lines just disappeared. This is really an Internet Explorer bug that I was unable to solve. The new layout fixes this indirectly.
And the new layout also introduces a few extra features:
* Scaling of just the text/chords. Nobody wants to scale the Chordie logo - they want big text. Please give feedback about the increment levels. You can access this from the keyboard with accesskey+"+" and accesskey+"-".
* Auto-scrolling. A much requested feature. You can adjust the speed by pressing accesskey+#. In Internet Explorer that means alt+2 to make it scroll slowly. Firefox uses alt+shift+2. I am not sure about the speed defaults here. Please give feedback.
* Two column compact view. This replaces the old full screen view.
* View lyrics only or chords only. Mainly for practice.
* A print preview feature. This is one of my favorites. It lets you move the grids around and adjust the font size. It even gives you an indicator of whether you have been able to squeeze the song onto one page.
I have done a bit testing myself, but I will need help from you. Please report any bugs related to the new features. I am especially interested in getting feedback from people using various combinations of OS/browsers (Linux, Mac, Safari, Opera etc). Please also look for any new bugs in forum song display and the songbook. These will automatically use the new layout module, but I have not had very much time testing them.