Topic: AC/DC greatest rock band ever(any1 agree)

AC/DC 4 life

Re: AC/DC greatest rock band ever(any1 agree)

For those about to rock..... we salute you. smile

All You Need is Love smile

well u like AC/DC

yup, and I would say that I agree except for the fact that its hard to really compare the many sub genres of rock music.
They're my personal fav. of that kind of music but my all time favorite band is Lynyrd Skynyrd. they're more bluesycountryish southern rock though which is different.

Favorite AC/DC songs:

Back in Black

Walk All Over You

It's a Long Way to the Top If You Want To Rock and Roll (my grandma really digs this one lol)

Let There Be Rock

Hell's Bells

I like Jail Break and Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds too....

All You Need is Love smile

mine r:
thunderstruck
TNT
back in black
dirty deeds
long way to the top
highway to hell
smile

AC/DC are in my top 5 all time favourite bands.

I dont know if I could pick a top 5 from them but trying to do so without mentioning any of their more famous songsI would choose

little lover.
ride on
dirty deeds
kicked in the teeth
rock'n'roll aiint.....

hmm, lots lots lots more to choose from. This might not even be my top 5 not so famous songs from them but will be in my top 20.

and even after all these years they still know how to rock a crowd on stage. BUT, after seeing them the last time, Angus' fingers just dont move as fast as they did in the early 80's, but he can still pull it off and outplay most guitarists half his age.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Love em, not my fav. though...
1. Shoot to thrill
2. Thunderstruck
3. Have a Drink on me
4. TNT
5. Shook me all night long (best song to dance to lol)

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Big Balls

Greatest song EVAR!!!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

talking of big balls,
AC/DC write a lot of tunes that have sexual meanings in them hidden over the way the lyrics are sang, like you shook me all night long, The jack, touch too much, giving the dog a bone, inject the venom etc etc and BIG BALLS. Songs which if an innoecnt young kid listened to them, they would not have a clue about the sexual innuendos
I was playing this song in my car on a compilation I had made up about 2 months ago.
My son and daughter ( 9 and 7 years old) started laughing uncontrollably in the back seat. I asked them what they were laughing at and they both said through their laughs that the song was very funny.
I told them that the big balls were not what they were laughing at but in fact it meant big dances,lol. It didn't work!! My son said he was still thinking of it as the "other meaning" When I asked him what " the other meaning " meant he said couldnt stop laughing and was pointing to his " other meaning", this made my 7 year old daughter laugh even more.
They nearly peed themsleves when I started singing along at the bit where it goes " some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress, but when they're held for pleasure they're the balls that I like best"
Yeah, so ac/dc failed to hide the meaning this time in the song,lol.
Think I will go play it and blast it out in the house, see if the kids start singing along.

Ken

AC/DC are great i agree. My favorite one is "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"  I seen an AC/DC cover band called
"Hells Bells" that did the band to a T. The guy even looked like Angus.Anyway just my 2 cents worth.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

there is also a very good tribute band in the UK I have seen twice ( if they are still on the go)
They are called AB/CD
they have an angus too but he is about 6 ft tall,lol, and they have a bon and a brian. 2 different sets

Ken

http://www.firstposter.com/catalog/images/acdclgored.jpg

yaah i agree all the way. AC/DC are the best ever made. I personally like BACK IN BLACK. Really good song to "rock out" to if you know what i mean.

RSRR
Real Smart Rockstars Read

14 (edited by krhoades 2007-09-09 04:10:28)

thats funny!

http://danwarne.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/hick.jpg

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

Some balls are held for charity, and some for fancy dress
but when they're held for pleasure they're the balls that I like best...

Pure.  Unadulterated.  Genius.

"He made it out....with a bullet in his back!"
I'am from Australia.......one of the best memories of ACDC is when I went to Athens, and from my Grandmothers house, I heard ACDC booming loud and clear -THE CULTURAL DIVIDE WAS BROKEN.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

17 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-09-10 08:44:55)

Dear "chordian" Natho.
They are great, I love and like them, having all their CD's. DO YOU KNOW THAT THE YOUNG BROTHERS, have an older brother GEORGE.
Together with HARRY VANDA, a Dutch immigrant, named Harry Vandenbergh, he started mid-sixties with THE EASYBEATS, the first BIG Australian band. (See Wikipedia) If you include the Bee Gees, the are Australian too, but went from the isle of Mann to Australia, and back to England.
SUPER neigbours: All the groups where the Finn brothers have played, from Split Enz to Crowded House, and Solo. Last THE SEEKERS
But concerning AC/DC: they are a hard rock band formed in Sydney, Australia in 1973 by brothers Angus and Malcolm Young. The band are considered pioneers of heavy metal, alongside bands such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, but they claim just to be a rock band. AC/DC have sold an estimated 150 million albums worldwide, which proofs a lot. But what about all the discussions when Bon Scott and the new (already since end 1979) Brian Johnson? I remember me that in the early Eighties, people almost despised him. But they didn't, VERY GOOD MOVE, to ignore critics, and the people who knew Bon Scot, must be at least 50 years now.Besides their phenomenal super album was Back in Black AND RECORDED WITH BRIAN, so NOT BON SCOTT. This story tells it all.
A few groups, with an AC/DC relation are VAN HALEN, and you can obvious hear the influence by Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple.
I looked up a lot of things, I have also a box with at least 5 albums, I even think all their Albums

FORGOT THIS: Back in Black sold about 42.000.000 copies, just behind Michael Jackson.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

but the best part about ac dc is the Young brothers are SCOTTISH!!!!

Ken

upyerkilt wrote:

but the best part about ac dc is the Young brothers are SCOTTISH!!!!

Ken

big_smile

How come it is that most famous Scottsmen gotta go somewhere else to get famous?

LOL,
Coz we like to spread out and let the whole world know, lol.
It is a secret plan of ours for many years to take over slowly,lol

ermm, not a secret anymore ,lol

Well, truthfully, I could mouth off a bit here and give my political opinion, but  iwont.

I will just say I have no idea why, but I like it

Ken

You just keep the bagpipes and kilts coming, and the world will be your oyster.