Topic: aussie bands

being australian its really good to see so many aussie artists(past and present)having gone well in the music world
some aussie artists which i like r:
-AC/DC
-rose tattoo
-eskimo joe
-jet
-wolfmother
-powderfinger
-john butler trio
-spiderbait
-and a load of others
i know how big american artists are here in australia but i am dying to know how big australian artists are in the US.
has anyone from the US heard of these bands and do u like thier music?

Re: aussie bands

Crowed house??
are they not australian?
I have no idea, I just remember someone telling me that a few years ago.

Ken
I am sure if they are not someone will correct me.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well mostly Aussie but the main part came from NEW ZEALAND - Neil Finn!!!!

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

The Bee Gees started there, only (Barry Gibb, °1946), and the twins, °1949. They were born in Douglas on the Isle of Man, moved in the early Fifties to a place not far from Manchester. In 1958, the Gibb family, including infant brother Andy (born 1958 in Manchester, England), emigrated to Redcliffe in Queensland, Australia. The still very young brothers began performing where they could to raise pocket change. They started to have a "name", were guests in television shows, but they returned to Britain in 1966, and it was there that they heard that the number "Spicks&Specks" reached the number 1 position in Australia, early 1967.
Can this be considered as an Australian group? Yes and NO, because they had already succes and popularity there, but in fact their carreer started after meeting Robert Stigwood. I know A LOT about them, because, even being a huge fan of Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Slade, they were really important. I even remember that the FIRST single I bought was "saved by the bell" by Robin Gibb, in the period they had split for a while.
They are still one of the best groups ever. I rather prefer the period 1967-1974, and their next album "main course" contained already tracks, using a kind of "disco music". I think I have ALL their songs, most of them: Napster & Audiogalaxy: resulting in 22 CD's, including the solo careers. One album was never released back then A Kick in the Head Is Worth Eight in the Pants.
They sold about 200.000.000 million records (some say 120-150.000.000) their songs are covered by a lot of famous artists, and they wrote songs for others. One of the best songs is "Only One Woman", performed by Graham Bonnet, from THE MARBLES. I love this song, and Graham Bonnet is a very good singer. That is one of the reasons why I like singers like AXL ROSE, Ian Gillian: they sing hard rock, ballads and have a voice to envy. I just write here about the Bee Gees, because their career started in Australia. They are in the top 5 of the best selling artists.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

im sorry but i only mentioned my favourite aussie bands and the ones i could think of at the time. i am sure there are many great bands i havent mentioned

im a huge fan of rock bands out of australia. dunno y though... some of them have really noticable accents and some dont.  hmm... natho maybe u can answer this question for me... why do aussie bands rock so much?

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Because they come from the land down under!

Duh!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

? maybe we're just born with it