Topic: Favorite guitar brands

my favorite acustic guitar brand is ovation hands down they are the best i have come in contact with my guitar has smashed all the competition as far as sheer sound and looks go.  but id like to here about other peoples guitars.  especially electric guitars

So Red Delicious

Re: Favorite guitar brands

Well sanguine from Nebraska, I want to know what Nebraska has to offer to "visitors, or tourists". I've been driving with a mustang convertible, almost always in September, from 1-2-3-4, and return 3 weeks later. I almost never take Highways. Unfortunately, I am disabled, since 09/2000, but I worked again from July 2001. It gets difficult, because my girlfriend left me in 2005, when I was in a Hospital: a reason to kill.
No, about electric guitars, my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE is PRS. I have bought my first PRS, CUSTOM 24, full option in 1997, she is made in 1993. I used to have a GIBSON LES PÄUL STUDIO, beautiful black, golden hardware, but that guitar: impossible to stay tuned. I got these one for 300$, straight from the customs, and she had 1 thiny scratch= enough to keep her out of a music store. So after 1-2 years, I changed it in a big music store (got 700$), and with more than a fist full of $$, I saw, I played and I bought that PRS. Even after 1 month, still in tune.
By a lot of coincidences, I was privileged to start with an acoustic Martin HD-28, and yes, my collection started, today I have 27 guitars, a Fender Stratocaster all original 1964, a Gibson Les Paul Custom, 2, 1 made the first year is black, and it is a killer guitar, because I changed the humbuckers by P-94. I also have the complete PRS EG series, US made, and today almost impossible to find, they wanted to have a competition with Fender, but started too soon, and were made only 2 years: 1990-1992, except one: 1994. It is difficult to answer your question, because I have at least 7 more. But:
1) PRS
2) FENDER TELECASTER

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I have a friend who at one time had every instrument in the Ovation linup, from their mandolin and uke, all the way down to their bass.  I like the Ovations.  They sound good and they're reasonably priced.

If price is no object, I'm going with Taylor, probably.  I'm not there yet.  big_smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Well, I had an Ovation, the type that is made in limited editions, once a year. But, I had so much trouble, playing: always the pre amp, and changing the battery.
So, no Ovation actually, but my brother adores Ovation, and bought one some months ago, and I had the occasion to play a few hours, sounds perfect.
I have still the impression that the brand TAKAMINE is getting more and more popular.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]