Topic: Hey southpaw et. al. performers... monitors: floor or ear? Types?

Hey Southy and others

I am looking at monitors to go with an acoustic amp (shooting for an Ultrasound 100w acoustic amp). Are you using a monitor? And if so, floor or ear? and if so, which brand?
[
Thanks!

Hazen

Re: Hey southpaw et. al. performers... monitors: floor or ear? Types?

Hazen,
It really depends on what kind of setting you'll be playing to justify a need for a monitor. If you're limited for space and can't locate your amp behind you(Not too close because feedback from your mic will occur) then I would consider monitor(s).Personally, I use 2 amps, one behind my left and one behind my right, a minimum of 6 feet is generally far enough to eliminate feedback. Is the amp you're looking at a Behringer? If so, you might want to consider purchasing (2) 45 watt Ultracoustic Behringers instead of the single 100 watt amp. You're getting 90 watts with the two amps and you'll be able to distribute your sound to a wider area. I use the 45 watt Behr. with a 50 watt Marshall Soloist and they pump!I control them with an unpowered Mackie mixer w/ digital reverb.

I'm all about minimizing the amount of gear I have to lug around so if I can find a way to replace things such as monitors and the like, I'm all over it. The previously mentioned placement of amps behind, off your shoulders, works very good for me. Hope this info was helpful and not too confusing. I just awoke and my oration isn't crankin' yet.

Peace,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

Give everything but up.