Re: Chordie merchandise - contest

I ordered/received two t-shirts.
Who do I have to contact to get a refund on this??
It ended costing me $91 to get two shirts (from France???)
with cheap, iron-on TRANSFERS??  You gotta’ be kidding me!!

My intent was to give one to a friend who was prominent figure in the guitar industry.
I’m too embarrassed to WEAR this, let alone give one as a GIFT!!!

Upon receipt, I e-mailed the address for “customer service†.
No response (not surprising).

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

(I have removed the bad language from this post but not the entire message in the hope that the offender do what he should have done in the first place- Roger Guppy)

52 (edited by upyerkilt 2007-09-27 20:28:11)

such language, online as well where my kids can see, YOU should be ashamed of yourself!!!!

now child ( i presume since you do not know when and where to use bad language, even though I say it all the time, apart from in front of my kids) I suggest you go read a book on manners and how to complain properly.

(  i came back in to edit this as i noticed this was youtr first post, you just registered today and i think you have no right to go mouthing off, so help i was thinking of giving you is not going to happen)
all the best
keep smiling, the world is still spinning

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

53 (edited by extradw 2007-09-27 21:07:52)

How about this for a slogan:

CHORDIE.COM  If we don't got it, it's not out there !

or

Need to find a Chord ? Check us First! CHORDIE.COM

or

Chordie.com: Everything a Guitarist Needs!

,,, I'll think of more...extradw

Here's an idea for your shirts, mugs etc...

"Chordie.com...Making chords easy !"

OR

"Chordie.com...We Maks Chords Easy !"

55 (edited by adamas54 2007-09-28 17:46:40)

“. . (I have removed the bad language from this post but not the entire message in the hope that the offender do what he should have done in the first place- Roger Guppy) . .â€

Do you mean like contact “Customer Service† at customer@comboutique.com??

I’ve done so.  Thrice.    No response. Zip. Nada.   Nyet.   Completely ignored.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“. . I suggest you go read a book on manners and how to complain properly . .â€

I suggest you go read a book on the legalities involved in International WebCommerce (especially as it pertains to people’s credit cards and information thereof).
It’s quite fascinating.
The finer points of such will be made quite evident in due time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“. . i think you have no right to go mouthing off, so [the] help i was thinking of giving you is not going to happen) . .â€

Thank You for posting that on a public forum.

Y’know what, Guys??  KEEP the money!!!

I’ll pitch the shirts in the trash and we’ll call it “even†.

I’m a FERVENT believer in “karma" anyway . . .

Please remove me from your “forum".

why not remove yourself?

And how long did you wait for a reply from customer services?
And what have I got to do with internet commerse?

Why not go higher up than customer service?
Karma? you wouldnt know what that meant if it came and bit yer ging gangs. You came on here ranting and raving instead of a civilised manner and you talk of karma?

You would have got a lot better response if you came on with the correct manner and complained instead of the way you did. You might have got taken a bit more serious.

So, you do not like the quality of the t shirts, that is up to you, but it was also up to you to buy or not to buy.

try going back to the website where you bought them and get a number or a contact that is not custmoer services, or rewrite your complaint in a nice manner to the website you bought the wonderful t shirts from. If you complained to them like you did to this site I am not suprised you got no reply.

Now little boy, go run along and think of the proper words and appologise, make your excuse and complain again.

i wish you luck

let us know in a civilised way how you get on

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

my mom always says you attracted more bees with honey then you do vinager. just a thought

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Dear AdamAss4,
Really sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with Chordie. We really are nice folkes here and genuinely regret any dischord this ordeal has created. I hope resolution of some sort to your liking is forthcoming in the very near future. You seem like a wonderfully pleasant person and I personally would love to meet you someday, maybe have some tea and cookies and talk about nice things, like puppies, cotton candy, teddy bears, and carousels. You have yourself a wonderful day.

Kindest Regards,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Dear adamas54,
Ive been partly offline a few days and didnt see this message until now. I am sorry you didnt like the T-shirts - lets find a way to fix it.

First a few words about the T-shirts. They are not printed/approved directly by Chordie. There are a few companies that do single prints on the Internet. What I do is just upload a design, and click on what goods I would like to make available. These companies then print the T-shirts/mugs when they get an order, and handle all customer support, payment, shipment etc. Chordie get about $1-$2 for every T-shirt that is sold. Since the volume is low, this has been the easiest way of handling this.

Originally I had one US shop (cafepress) but this was extremely expensive for European customers. So about a month ago I opened a shop at Comboutique for European customers. Ive seen the T-shirts from Cafepress and they have OK quality. I have seen a white print from Comboutique and that was OK. I have not yet seen their black shirts.

I see you state the price in $, and it seems like you have bought your T-shirts in Europe. If you are located in the US, this will be a very expensive way of doing it.

This does however not an excuse for the bad quality of the print. Please let me know more about it. Is it black or white T-shirts? What image? Could you take a photo of the T-shirt and send it to admin@chordie.com?

In general printing on black T-shirts is a lot more complicated than printing on white T-shirts. This is especially true for single prints like this. Unlike for white t-shirts where just color can be applied, printing on black will mean that "a covering layer" has to be applied to the T-shirt. However the prints on comboutique has been given good reviews on this, so I am surprised. And they claim to have a very good return policy.

I just noticed you are using an aol-account. Aol did for a long time block all mail from my domain. It was impossible to open it up without having an office in the US. I think that problem is solved now, but they do have a strange policy toward foreign domains. I would not be too surprised if the customer service at comboutique are not able to answer you at that address.

If it turns out that any of this is my mistake (like the high resolution images in the designs prints badly on black T-shirts), I would of course refund you personally. Before doing this, I will help you to get in touch with comboutique customer service.

I would also very much like to hear from other having bought T-shirts. Where did you buy it, what color, how was the print quality, how does it look after 5 washes?