Topic: IN ADDITION ABOUT CHORDIANS

- WHO IS PLAYING BETTER SINCE YOU STARTED TO JOIN CHORDIE?
I did, living and playing most of the time alone, the difference since I am here, between "how I played in January and today" is remarkable and some others tell me the same.
Playing so long and not bad, well I AM PROUD to spread the word that my playing style is today at least 2x better than in January. A lot better, if you read all the topics, and if you LISTEN to advise from other chordians.
I can only say: CHORDIE BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER, ALLOWS A LOT OF WAYS TO COMMUNICATE AND INSPIRES OTHER PEOPLE PLAYING GUITAR.
Young, and even without a guitar, find peace and knowledge here, makes you stronger in playing guitar. YOU HAVE JUST TO FOLLOW ADVISE.

Older people, what can I say, DO YOU HAVE THE SAME FEELING? And what about the young people? Do you feel, think the same way as I do?

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: CHORDIE GIVES IT ALL: MUSIC AND FRIENDSHIP

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: IN ADDITION ABOUT CHORDIANS

I don't know if I play better because of chordie, but I do have more confidence since becoming a regular on the site.  Honestly, I had (have) this inferiority complex--never thought my playing was good enough, but what's cool about this site is everyone is so honest...seems like everyone is just on this journey to get better--it's not a destination we ever arive at, we're just at different points.
I also love the fact that music breaks down language / cultural / age divisions we see normally--I love the diversity of people on this site.

frankster,
Go watch some of my videos on youtube, you will lose that complex very quickly lol
I have fun doing it even though I know I am not great, but as long as you enjoy yerself ye can ignore everything, or learn to live with knowing yer not great but you enjoy it.
Thats what I do anyway. I seem to get a lot of compliments sometimes but I really dont see why. But still nice to have them even if it is someone just being nice. lol something I find hard to do sometimes, I just like telling people straight.

So hope you have lost theta complex and it is rid of forever.

and that goes for anyone else that thinks they are not that good. Just like Roger said somewhere on the forum, if you have the balls/guts to go and do something then it is good.
And you if like it, someone somewhere in the world will like it too, you will not be the only one that likes it, and if you get only one person liking what you do then you have succeeded.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

frankster,
Go watch some of my videos on youtube, you will lose that complex very quickly lol
I have fun doing it even though I know I am not great, but as long as you enjoy yerself ye can ignore everything, or learn to live with knowing yer not great but you enjoy it.
Thats what I do anyway. I seem to get a lot of compliments sometimes but I really dont see why. But still nice to have them even if it is someone just being nice. lol something I find hard to do sometimes, I just like telling people straight.

So hope you have lost theta complex and it is rid of forever.

and that goes for anyone else that thinks they are not that good. Just like Roger said somewhere on the forum, if you have the balls/guts to go and do something then it is good.
And you if like it, someone somewhere in the world will like it too, you will not be the only one that likes it, and if you get only one person liking what you do then you have succeeded.

Ken

Hey man couldn't help it had to look you up on youtube:)  You really do have some great songs posted. Well done! Really enjoyed A woman's place! Nice tune! It's still in my head.... Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I am an old baby boomer who first took lessons 40 years ago.  I never liked playing the old Mel Bay songs and lost interest. Over the years I have bought new guitars and have been excited about playing for very short spells, and to be honest have never been very good. . . . . . but since I discovered chordie I truly love playing.  I probably play 10 or more hours a week.  I have gotten so much better at moving up and down the neck and can now play the same chords several different ways.  I am still learning ways to use chordie, I like the changes made to the site and I am truly greatful to all involved.

upyerkilt, where on youtube?
I repeat that my play is 2x better, since I became a chordian.
I am definitely convinced that I started to play better.
1) by reading topics and follow the information I get
2) having so much songs, and trying to play them

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Two years this Xmas I got three things . An old hand me down computer, An acoustic guitar, and a link to Chordie.
Thank you Chordie for being my teacher. Everything I know on guitar came from Chordie. Been learning scales  this last couple weeks and is coming along just fine.Thank you again
Chordie you are a great teacher.

Take Care...Badeye.

one caper after another

I am playing 10 times better since finding this site.
It was SO hard for me to figure out songs by ear and I didn't know any scales or chords either (Besides E-A-D-G-C).
I would be soooooo far behind the learning curve if it weren't for this site.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

hi chordies my song writing has escalated since i joined chordie
the inspirations and idea's you pick up by just reading topics or posts ,its fandabbydozy.stay cool...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Me.  Mostly the songs, but I pick up a fair number of tips too.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I dont think I play better due to chordie but  i suppose it has helped me in a way.
They say they more you play the better you get. Well I have been getting songs from chordie for ages now,
I am not exactly sure when Chordie started But I am sure I first printed off my first song from Chordie a bout 3 or 4 years ago at least. ( has chordie been around this long?or do I just think has has been?)
So I have been playing a lot more as I have a lot lot lot more songs thanks to chordie.

so yeah, my playing has improved, Had advice from the forum, gave advice, read other peoples advice and acted on it.
Said before, great site and should be nominated for next years website award.
with the amount of members, whether they come in the forum or not, We should all vote.

Ken

It's got my vote.

..Badeye.

one caper after another

Chordie gets my vote too but, and it is a BIG BUT, it is the Chordie Members that make this site what it is. Intellegent, well mannered, knowledgable, helpful and caring people from all around the globe sharing a common interest.

As Moderators we have little more to do than delete the spam and move a thread to the right section so it is all you Chordians that deserve the praise.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'm chuckling right now after reading upyerkilt's remarks about his YouTube stuff.  Months ago he posted a song there called "Little Black Flea" which really motivated me - not because it was so perfect, but because it was so brilliantly imperfect!

It is a dandy little song and Ken had the guts to make and post the video in all it's raw glory -  I saw that little video and thought, "Hey, if Ken can do that well then so can I . . ."

It was a moment of clarity for me.  I realized we are all trying to get better at playing or writing.  This site is a wonderful resource both for the index of music and the forums. 

I have gotten more serious about songwriting since becoming involved in chordie.  I have also made many great friends.  I have definately improved my playing/songwriting since finding chordie.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

cheers james,
I love that song in its full rawness. My mate was wanting me to do that properly but I cannot see how that can be improved,lol. If you try to improve it from that it will sound wrong!!

That song is very heavily influenced by Syd barrett.
And the point of me doing that was so others can see it like you and think " if he can do that, I can do something". It doesnt have to be perfect in any way.
Someone else can take it and make it sound better if they really wanted to.
Like I said a few times before about David Bowie's demo for " ziggy stardust" ,it is awful, but it got taken onboard and made into a classic song.
So no song is bad.

I am glad  i motivated you to do stuff. Even if  i only inspired one person slightly, the songs I do are worth it.

I dont thin kthere is anyone I would say I do not like on this site. Some annoy me sometimes but then my wife annoys me too but I stay with her lol I am a very easily annoyed person but no one has annoyed me that much I feel like I am not going to come in on a daily basis.

thanks to all the members that make me want to come back in even just to read what they are typing.

Ken

i knoe for a fact my playing has gotten 100% better since logging on to chordie.com. aside from all the songs i find here, my song writing has gotten better because of all the inspiration and praise ive gotten. never a bad word about my songs, just constructive critsism. i dont remember who, but one of the regulars here has a song book with alot of intresting scales. so my lead has improved alot. thank you to all the chordians, and thank you espically to guitardocphil for all the wonderful questions that keep me thinking!!!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat