Re: Dumb song you like to play

Just added Air Supply's "All Out Of Love" to my line up. I play the intro and first two verses all pretty and sweet and then I BUST into a triple tempo punk rock version for the remainder of the song. It's fun, real fun!!!

Give everything but up.

I admire everyone's courage....I have a singing voice best suited for announcing train arrivals, but I love Bette Midler's The Rose - really chunky chords and cos I'm not much of a player, a nice simple song (though I do venture out and barre up for the Em).

Southpaw, have you ever heard of the band Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies?  Their whole spiel is to punk out "normal" songs, broadway tunes, standards--it's very, very fun stuff.  If you like to rip into Air Supply, you'll deffinitely like these guys.

25Frankster wrote:

Southpaw, have you ever heard of the band Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies?  Their whole spiel is to punk out "normal" songs, broadway tunes, standards--it's very, very fun stuff.  If you like to rip into Air Supply, you'll deffinitely like these guys.

Yes, I'm familiar with these guys. It's nice to see/hear a new twist some a sometimes previously mundane musical existance and the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes for shure do this, in a kick butt way! I especially like their cover of Jerry Reed's 'East Down and Bound' and Willie Nelson's 'On The Road Again'. Something about a country song sped up and punked out I really seem to like, and so do audiences.(mostly)

Give everything but up.

I love me first and the gimme gimmes.
A few of their best are
Seasons in the sun
take me home country road
somewhere over the rainbow
nobody does it better
and..... puff the magic dragon, pure classic!!!1

I should learn puff the magic dragon gimme style

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

there ar'nt any bad songs, they just sound bad when we try to copy the original.stay cool...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

here's one -- it isn't very politically correct, and you'd better not play it in mixed company -- although Martin Mull did when he wrote it way back in the 70s (i think),  it's caled  "Pig in a blanket."  I play it once in a while for a laugh, or to piss people off.

A bahamian friend of mine had a good one called "my pussy".  in the end, you find out it's about a cat.