Topic: Old Music

Here's one for y'all:  when I was a kid, Sunday night was bath night.  First bath then downstairs to be towelled dry by parents.  When we got too old for towelling, it was ironing night.  In the background there was always folk music - The McCalmans, Silly Wizard, The Broadside Band from Grimsby, The Chieftans, The Bothy Band, The High Level Ranters, Roy Bailey, June Tabor...

Now, 30 years down the line I find myself drawn back to these traditional bands/singers and how wonderful these traditions are.  Hopefully my children will pick up on some of these old things and realise that music doesn't have to involve beating the crap out of your instrument of choice (my son is into screamo)! 

Anyone else remember anything similar?

I'm the son of rage and love

2 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2007-10-08 15:14:26)

Re: Old Music

In our home we do Bluegrass and Biscuits-n-Gravy on Sunday mornings. We sometimes try to other meal to music themes like heavy metal meatloaf night, jam band bran cereal mornin', americana pasta night, soft rock pork chop time, etc.....

Give everything but up.

Re: Old Music

What a great idea! You could have The Jam with your sandwiches (jam being jelly in the usa)
you could have Korn with cornflakes in the morning
you could have  Bread with bread
the possibilities are... running out fast!

I'm the son of rage and love