Topic: WORLD MUSIC

What kind of music is played in South Africa? Europe?
BUT MORE: What is the influence of (more specific England, Scotland, Ireland) THEIR MUSIC on US music? Probably a lot.
I know that every country has his own "speciality" like France: The typical French music, called "chanson", in Germany, music called "SCHLAGER" Ireland, Scotland, England.
Between Ireland and Scotland: is the traditional music real different between the 2 countries?
I know that a large number of Catholic Irish people moved to the USA between 1845 -1850 (?) caused by hunger.
Such a number of Irish people, "had" to bring a lot of their culture, also music.
I read that most of the Irish stayed in Massachusetts, but also in bigger cities like Chicago and New York. I love to see once in my life St Patrick's day in the USA.
I have the impression that the "Irish" English language is closer to the "American" English language. About 50.000.000 Americans claim to have Irish blood,
We also have Scotland, about 5.000.000 people claim to have Scottish blood, as much as the population in Scotland.
The most amazing fact, and I didn't know it at all, that the Germans are providing the most immigrants. Their number is 51.000.000 German-Americans. I couldn't believe it, but it's a fact.
Names: celebrities like Clark Gable, Paris Hilton, Doris Day, Nick Nolte, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christopher Walken, Bruce Willis, Sandra Bullock, Jon Voight and Kirsten Dunst.
This is completely new for me, they all have German Roots. A better name for PARIS HILTON should be BERLIN HILTON.
ITALY: 18.000.000
Can we speak, about the fact, that US music is a result of mainly European music, seeing these numbers, of people? Add the Afro-Americans, and their music, I am not longer surprised about the different music styles (blues, Country, Bluegrass...)
I hope you can help me with this topic, I worked about 2 hours on this one, and it is far from complete.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WORLD MUSIC

Hi Doc,
First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I see u r an administrator now.
I don't know about US music being influenced by euro music but I can tell u that the music in SA is influenced majorly by american music.
Rap is now quite big but the local musos took it added a qwaito rythm and now it's called township rap.
Check out singers like Mandoza and Madikizolo on any SA music site.
We also have artists like Karen Zoid who plays rock like u've never heard!!!
Then there's Ladysmith black mambaza...beautiful, just beautiful.
I think most music gets influenced by american music because the money that goes into albums there is astronomical compared to most places. If there's one thing that the yanks know how to do and do right is market their talents!

Dear Nadine, I really missed you, and yes it came suddenly, and at first I was a little bit confused, but I accepted, now 1 thing, I did not change, I am who I am, and I like to go back to South Africa.
I don't find a trace of my friends (he is from 1928, lived for 2, and I am afraid that he is maybe not longer amongst us). Even getting a lot of money thanks to the fact that I was overinsured, and getting as much as 2 college teachers, it will be difficult, financially for another 6 months.
I can not believe 1 insurance company, they still pay me 50%, the maximum for my lesions, but having so many documents, even getting extra money from health care, which by the way I only saw it twice when I was still working, meaning that this is the ultimate document. Like I said so many documents from doctors writing that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANY KIND OF MEDECINE JOB, which proves that economically I am 100% useless, they don't move, probably because I am to expensive for them, while they always smiled as long as they got a fortune to have this insurance. Probably I will get hospitalised, end November, so they have to pay back 100%, and high placed friends in other insurances, don't understand this, they find it outrageous because they pay you the most important handicap, in my case economic 0%. Trial is probably the only way to get even, and than, first thing is going to South Africa, and hoping to see you and probably others there.
Glad you are back

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Doc,
Actually I've been In the Pilanesberg park all day today and for most of this week I will be there too. I am sunburnt but happy!
I am busy filming wetland birds for a research program that is underway. So I've been sitting in hides all day at watering holes and dams. (U can now say thank u God for all the wonderful rain that we've had these last few days.) Most of the dams are getting full and even the hippos are smiling.
Other than that I've gotten some spectacular lightning footage from a storm over Pilanesberg last night. I'll email u some shots.
Insurance companies are like the tax man...dammed if u do, dammed if u don't!