Re: Update - new layout

a quick bug report

in songs which use a different font for some lyric lines, the chord spacing above that line seems to get broken and the chords get all bunched up. I've noticed it in the following tracks:

Velvet underground's sattelite of love
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

(in the lines     "Satalite of love      Sat-----a------lite-------of")

and

Jeff Buckley's Hallilujah
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

(in the lines "Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelu------jah")

I'm using winXP with IE7. This used to be ok before the latest changes though.
Works ok in Firefox.

p.s. chordie is awesome, keep up the good work!! autoscroll is a godsend smile

When I copy songs to Word (or another writing program) they look freaky. It's hard to read them. But the other things work fine.

I have noticed the layout sometimes is a bit strange here. However, this is mainly a Word-problem, as this is formatted as standard tables.

Any Word experts here?

Anyone have any idea about how to autoformat these tables in Word? Did you like the old format better? Here no attempt at formatting is made. Chords are presented like this: [C7] inside the text. If so, I could maybe make this optional.

I was correcting "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts, like correcting squares that were supposed to be apostrophy and when chordie saved it, it looked ok.  But, then I recalled it from my songbook to print it and it replaced the ' with an i with an umlout, an upside down question mark and a 1/2 symbol!!!!  Funny, though, it only seems to do it with the apostrophy.

I've also seen this on other pages that I've printed.

Hi all, i am unable to add the song, in fact it gives me the option to remove the song from the public book i am viewing, of course i can't remove it, but it doesn't show my songbook and the option to add to it!

Your song book will only hold 100 songs. If you have reached the limit you wil have to start a new songbook.

If this is not the solution please post again.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger, that sorted it, thanks for prompt reply

I still don't get it.  I'm trying to copy to word and i'm still getting the chords on a seperate line, and grid boxes around the lyrics.  am i doing something wrong?

Best site on the Net..

Hi, just printed my songs from the forum posts and the first { s o c} works fine, but the { e o c} doesn't revert it back so all the following verses/choruses are italicised and indented

cheers
bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

ADMIN.    I would love to see the songs with the bracketed chords [A]. This allows you to get much more data on a single sheet. This is important when trying to learn new songs as it avoids a lot of page turning. It would be great if you could make this an option. Thanks for making a super site even better. Keep up the good work. Take care.   Bob  [shadyg]

bug report
                 hello admin i was trying to copy ten guitars from random song book by
                 vermcious knidd when i encounted this bug. thanks for all the work you
                 do for chordie users. your friend joe.

Hi, I would like to add a song to my songbook with transposed chords. For example the original is in A and I would like to transpose it an save it in the songbook as G. Then I can print the entire songbook in the right keys.

Thanks in advance - great site.
Henrik

Best regards
Henrik

hi ,

This is already possible.

All you do is transpose the song then save to your songbook.

Also,
when asking a question could you start a new thread to ask instead of adding it on to a very old thread.

cheers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

40 (edited by nanakwame 2009-11-03 18:26:09)

don't know how to add songs to my songbook.can anybody help me, please?

Hi nanakwame
Just go to the song you want to add to your songbook and on the right of the screen you will see a box and one of the tabs says
Songbook ADD just click on the word ADD..
Welcome to Chordie
ark

my lyrric print fine but the blue chords above do not print

Pratte, that sounds like an issue with your printer if only the portions that are in color are not printing.  Try setting your printer to print everything in greyscale using only the black ink cartridge.  And, welcome to Chordie!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

The new Jango.com on each song page ? It should be taken off and maybe find a better site as when you click on the jango button it takes you to jango.com but most of the time it is another song from the same artist.
When I click on a link like that I expect it to play the song that is on the sheet that I am looking at and unfortunantly jango.com just does not have it.

Got to get rid of the Jango link it does not play the song that is listed it always plays a different song than the one on it's link ! Either make them get it right or kick their butts down the road ! 10 out of 10 was a miss.................................

46 (edited by tdr1300 2013-01-02 04:42:44)

can you help me with my screen? it only shows 1/2 the screen, the part on the left the right side of my screen is blank. no ability to add to songbook, scroll,print etc.

First time to try to correct.  No nothing.  Just spotted a misspelling in Wish you were here by Pink Floyd.  simming instead of swimming.  i go to correct it but don't know what to click on after that.  Sorry for so basic but never used this before and on short timelime.

genelee1953@aol.com wrote:

First time to try to correct.  No nothing.  Just spotted a misspelling in Wish you were here by Pink Floyd.  simming instead of swimming.  i go to correct it but don't know what to click on after that.  Sorry for so basic but never used this before and on short timelime.

If you need this for a gig or something, quikest fix is to copy/ paste to a word doc. and then retype word. Or Hey old school it and print, then white out tape and hand write, or line it out and write correct word overtop...(remember proper line out technique one nice line through middle and nice print above) THAT'S "REAL OLD SCHOOL" lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)