Topic: I GOT A NEW GUITAR!! :)

Yup I finally did it, and (if I may advertise) got a G series Takamine acoustic dreadnought, mahogany back and sides, spruce top, rosewood fret board, gold hardware. I payed a marked down price of 229$, (actually came to a little over 300 when I threw in some strings and a hard case).....
And I love it. Tried a few others, but I really liked the rich tone (and the looks), which are excellent at such a moderate  price. I would reccomend this guitar for people around my level (which is I know my way around pretty well but i'm still green at just 4 years), because evrything about it is in moderation (including the price). Strings are close enough to the fret board to be comfortable, but not TOO close so slide and hammer ons still sound good, the neck is a good width because its narrow but not TOO narrow so fingerpicking is still fairly easy, and its flashy but not TOO flashy... the wood's real pretty and shiny and the gold hardware looks real nice but its not too sparkly and 'ooooh look at me'. The thing I'm most impressed with though is the sound, it has a very rich warm tone,very good for an instrument that didn't cost me 7 or 8 hundred dollars.
Of course evryone is different, but I think I found the perfect guitar for me, hopefully for a good long while, I aint got the money to buy a new guitar every other year lol In fact, this is the first guitar I've ever owned that was all mine...
  SO, now that the advertisements over, does anybody else like this brand? This is the first time I'd ever even played one but I really like it. Anything fellow owners know that I should know??? I played a washburn and a hohner at the same price but wasn't as impressed...

All You Need is Love smile

Re: I GOT A NEW GUITAR!! :)

Congrats!! Would this be the G340? Sounds like it...They are excellent guitars. I also have one of these and can stand by them! I actually wrote the review listed with them for zzsounds. The tone is wonderfull isn't it. Mine had the best setup from the factory that I have ever recieved on a guitar. I just wish I'd known that you were considering them. I'm posting mine on Ebay in mint condition with Takamine molded case this afternoon... I did alot of research on these before buying mine since it was my first guitar purchase. All that I came across was very positive. In my opinion you have a very fine guitar and made a wise choice. I would rate these in the top 5 of guitars under $500-$600 with no problem. Congatulations again!! Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

enjoy yer new guitar rebel.
I am thinking still of going down one weekend and buying an ibanez I got my eye on, but this would mean I have bought a new guitar every year for the past 4 years i think, maybe 5..... thats bad, I am losing count lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

NICE!!!!!

Hi Last rebel
I recorded 3 songs this week. I borrowed my brothers Takamine
to do this.
Lovely sound. My own guitar has a lovely sound also. But i did really like His.

So ill  maybe settle for one of these. I have been offered a good trade in price
for my own!I Dont really want to part with it.
Difficult choice!!.
Have many happy inspirational hours of playing your new Guitar.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Rebel, I've been trying out guitars in that price range for a friend of mine who is just learning how to play, and I played a G series Takamine a couple weeks ago, and I agree with you--so many guitars in this price range sound thin and "tinny" to me--they just don't have any character, and I thought the Takamine had a nice tone.  There was a Washburn in the same range that I liked as well, but it didn't have any electronics.  Now the big question....what you going to name it?

hmm... hadnt really thought about it. I guess I oughta come up with somethin'.
guitarpix, i hadn't really been looking at takamine i was looking at maybe another epiphone or soemthing, but i tried this one out and liked it

SWEEET!!!!

Play it till your fingers scream! 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

oh and guitarpix, by the way i guess a thanks is in order to you. When I went to the second store I looked in (the first one was kind of empty), I saw the Takamine and I remembered hearing about the brand here on chordie as being good, and thats why i tried it at all. I guess that it was the review you wrote I was thinking of.... so thanks smile

I tried one or two Takamine guitars before I plumped for my Simon n Patrick one. There was one in particular that really impressed me ( though I don't remember the model) and I was gonna go for it untill I noticed a pretty bad scratch on the top as well as the back, so I put it back. Sounded really good though.

Enjoy your new guitar rebel. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Congrat's on your new guitar Last Rebel. My sister has a G
model Takamine and loves it. Hope you have a long relationship with it.

Take Care...Badeye.

one caper after another

I'm jealous!  In fact I'm so jealous that I'm thinking of getting divorced and selling the house in order to buy a good new guitar!

Enjoy!

I'm the son of rage and love