Topic: Copy and paste tabs to Word

Whenever I try to do this now the tab appears in word with boxes round each group of words which I cant delete. Dont think its my computer. Any suggestions please

Re: Copy and paste tabs to Word

it does the same to mine as well. the only thing i can think of is to email it to yourself and print off the email. hope this helps

Hannah - teenage rocker!!

Hi...This began happening approx. 1 month ago, and thought it was my word program. Updated it and still having the problem. Does NOT happen with E-Chords, AZ Chords etc...Whats going on, Chordie??

Any ides on the boxes around lyrics?????

hi kimo

I think the webmster had answered this in a previous thread.

I am sure he said it was a microsoft word error and not an actual problem with the program that runs chordie.
I might be wrong, but that doesnt happen very often lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Note that the layout is based on tables for aligning chords and lyrics. However the lines of the tables are hidden in Chordie. When you copy it to Word, Word display the borders... or sort of... the borders in gray are not printed.

Thanks for reply. No they dont print but they make it difficult to edit the tab, change font size etc. It never used to be like this. Has anything changed??

I like to copy and paste to word, and then copy and paste it again to a new document.  Sometimes it works and you can change font size, color, ect. This doesn't always work but its the only way I can work with word.

When you paste do not right click and paste, go to the edit menu, pull it down and select paste special. Then of the selections choose unformatted text or unformatted unicode text. Either one will give you a raw text paste.