Topic: chordie virus!

I was talking to my dad earlier on and he said that he's found a lot of viruses on his computer, all from chordie.

I just wanted to know is this a completely safe site?? I havn't found anything and i think its great, but I'm a bit wary now. I'm scanning my laptop every day just in case, so could someone do the same and see if it picks anything up please??

Hannah - teenage rocker!!

Re: chordie virus!

I scan mine once a week and have never had anything from chordie come up! I consider it a very clean and safe site!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

only had one virus on my computer in the past 5 months and it never came from chordie.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I have been with Chordie now , i think since Feb this year. Never Ever Had

a Problem here. My Problem is with other sites.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi hcullis - I have been a heavy user of chordie for a couple of years now.  Never once have I had virus trouble.

The fact is, it is difficult (if not impossible) to tell where viruses come from.  So, while your dad's computer may have viruses it is not certain that they came via using chordie.

If somebody using that computer has been suckered into various 'free' offers, then that is a far more likely source of spyware and viruses . . .

Perhaps your dad is really just trying to tell you that he resents the time you spend on the computer using chordie?

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi hcullis,

Being another heavy Chordie user I will add my twopenny worth. I too have had no problems with viruses and if you look at the number of postings Ken, Old Doll, James and I have made you will see that we all spend a great deal of trouble-free time on this site.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have never had any problems with my computer from chordie.
What operating system is that computer?
Because some operating systems are more prone to virus' than others.

i'm not sure what system it is but i'm glad to know there isn't a problem!!

Hannah - teenage rocker!!

I can personally guarantee that no virus is coming from Chordie. I have 100% control of the code of the site.

I do link to some other pages (as every other web page do). I can never guarantee that these sites are virus free, I do however always review the sites I link to.

Chordie do however set a couple of cookies (to remember password, and the remember the state of the menues when browsing artists). If you are scanning for malware, I have noticed that some of the programs(like adAware) are reporting cookies as a possible privacy problem.

You will however get this warning for all the sites where you can be automatically logged in - it is the only way to do it. This has nothing at all to do with viruses, and the only possible threat that it might pose, is that you little brother (using the same computer) might get access to your songbook collection on Chordie. If your brother is a really obnoxious little prat that might love messing around with your valuable songs, you might consider looging out of Chordie before leaving the computer.

No problems for me from Chordie. Its all good.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I got one hell of a virus from Chordie. It caused me to go out and buy 3 guitars, 1 banjo, an amp, countless sets of strings, books, sheet music, and a whole load of other stuff.

Every time I log on 4 songbooks appear and I have to pick up a guitar and play for a while to get the damn things off my screen.

Pere, you have alot to answer for.

Thanks.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

hcullis,
I've never had any problems on this site.
check your computers settings to insure that all the fail safe are properly in place.

ps.
    Sometimes people will go to sites that they shouldn't be on and they'll alter their settings to allow this to happen, thinking that noone will find out, and then you'll get a worm or virus.

Don't accept any mail from anyone that you don't know, send it directly to the trash can and don't open it.
Avoid any sites that say, " free, or you won, or I'm a muti-billioniar and I just can't get my money." Trash can it all cause it's all trash anyway.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Never got a virus from chordie.
I did get a virus from a coldie.
It isn't always easy to find how they get here. He still works, and yes, a friend of me made this PC, and when he looks they always find virusses.
Best antiviral program until now; MCAFEE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]