Topic: Any ideas???

My sister & I want to learn a song together and I play electric and she plays acoustic. she is a begginer I am more intermediate. any suggestions? I cant think of any good songs.

2 (edited by last_rebel 2007-11-12 19:55:36)

Re: Any ideas???

Me and my cuz used to do Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd, I'd do the fingerpick lead on electric and my cousin would strum the chords. We used a version that had the chords C G Am....
You could always just play around with some bluesy little lead notes and have her strum in E, and of course there's the age old trick:
           A
l-----------------------
l-------------------------
l------------------------
l-2-2--4-4--2-2--4-4
l-0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0
l-----------------------

which you can move up and down a string, that could use some backup strumming.
Thats A like I wrote it, you can go up and that would make it D, and down and that would make it E.

D
l-2-2--4-4--2-2--4-4
l-0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0
l-----------------------
l----------------------
          E
l---------------------
l----------------------
l-2-2--4-4--2-2--4-4
l-0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0

All You Need is Love smile

A
l-----------------------
l-2-2--4-4--2-2--4-4
l-0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0
l-----------------------

D
l-2-2--4-4--2-2--4-4
l-0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0
l-----------------------
l----------------------
          E
l---------------------
l----------------------
l-2-2--4-4--2-2--4-4
l-0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0

Minor correction here but it needed to be done. You've got the right idea lastrebel, just a wee bit off. Excellent suggestion nontheless.

Give everything but up.

About good songs for man and woman.
I can think about a few artists, but do you like their songs??
- Johnny Cash & June Carter
- The Carpenters
- Bob Dylan, always good, also because a lot of his songs are covered by women, take Joan Baez

Important: you have to like the song and be able to play. I love Bob Dylan, a real "maestro"in writing songs with only a few chords.
Don't forget: THE VOICES, they have to match playing NORMAL chords

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

5 (edited by last_rebel 2007-11-12 19:55:56)

woops lol. srry about that, and thanks for correcting it Southpaw. I know how to play stuff, then when I try to write the tab down I always screw it up.... here I fixed it so deaken won't get confused

All You Need is Love smile

I'm surprised last rebel hasn't suggested "Me and Bobby Mcgee"  - great song for a duet   

the beginnner might do the chords and the intermediate player a bit of lead or a simple riff.  having two musicians also means that one can focus on vocals