Re: THE MOST OBVIOUS BUT ALWAYS FORGOTTEN QUESTION

Everyday - Buddy Holly

The streets of Laredo - Traditional country song (I think)

I walk the line - Johnny Cash

I can't remember quite when I learned House of the Rising Sun but probably not long after ...

Smoke On The Water       smile

Bobby
kickin.ws

top three songs in order hehehe
1. somewhere between ( played only 2 chords and they sounded correct hehehe)
2. you light up my life   
3. o and that old favourite . . . wait for it . . HOUSE ON THE RISING SUN HEHEHE big_smile

Hotel California was mine.
I remember Bm & F# being a struggle at first but at the time I thought all chords were difficult and persevered, pleased I did.

my first song was be bop alula by gene vincent and the blue caps im that old acapo

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Let me see...My first songs were Sundown by Gordan Lightfoot, Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver and Bad Moon Rising by CCR. Man that seems like so long ago....lol A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old vids on my youtube page that I had posted after playing for only a few months. I can't belive I actually posted some of that stuff for the public...lol I actually winced upon hearing a couple and had to delete them before anyone else was harmed...:lol: I think I'll sit play these at the moment for old times sake...Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

acmecorp wrote:

The streets of Laredo - Traditional country song (I think)

The streets of Laredo was originally an irish ballad (in fact I think James posted a lonk to the original author one time),as were many traditional western ballads that came from that time period. It wasn't called that of course, the words to the verses were changed up over the years and it became the song we know today.

Marty Robbins does a version of it if you're interested in listening.

All You Need is Love smile

I think the first was Four Strong Winds -- Ian Tyson
and a bit later Morning Has Broken -- Cat Stevens

Cheers!

I started off with riffs - Satisfaction- Smoke on the water-sunshine of your love......blah blah......BLAH
Then I learnt a few chords playing Passenger -
Then, when I really picked up the guitar I played Bowie - I still do.............
He was my inspiration - always will be.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"