Topic: AIRGUITAR

Isn't it fantastic this phenomenon?
A few weeks ago there was or the European or the championship.
Hilarious and it reminds me that we did this too, especially on Status Quo, shaking their heads and bodies at the same time.
But it remains a strange phenomenon, I don't understand it. Is it to "show" to the girls that they are great players smile  smile  sad).
The reward was a Gibson LP BFG.
What do you think about this. I wrote it, but sometimes it was too much, because I really had fun thinking and seeing them before me, playing air guitar.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: AIRGUITAR

I remember this from the eighties. A mixture of pretend guitar playing and "head banging". I don't think the motive was to attract women but to show your appreciation for the music, and the guitarist in particular. Looking on from the side, if you didn't understand it you didn't understand the music. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Aahh the memories....................

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

OK, I'll embarass myself here....1983 I was the DRUMMER in an air band that won a contest at my college--Miami of Ohio.  We had special effects and everything, which consisted of putting baby powder in balloons and popping them with cigarettes.  Our best number was the live version of "Under my Thumb" by the Stones.  We won $25 which purchased some pretty significant "refreshment" in a college town in '83.

i dont see any harm with air guitar its kind of funny to me but the contestents take it pretty serious I sometimes wonder if any of them started guitar lessions and became frustrated with the demand on concentrating there mental energies on the ruddiments and demanding dedication it takes to play like the guitarist they emulate but music should be fun and if the air guitarist have fun with what they are doing thats fine with me the sincerest form of flattery is imitation. this maybey premature but happy thanksgiving chordians acapo

"Growing old is not for sissies"

but.... where does the capo go?

I'm the son of rage and love

Acapo, I also don't see any harm, we did it most on Status Quo songs, if you saw those two in the seventies, with their long hair (still don't understand that their hear didn't mix up together), it was a real fashion, and they were very popular here, to play "airguitar" acting like the real Quo, and Alvee I think we did it to impress others. Some people could dance in a splendid way, and this is quit similar if you see how birds can dance to conquer the heart of a female. A lot of males are more beautiful, like a peacock, a pheasant.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]