Topic: hi not sure

Hi i`m not sure if this is the right place to post, if not i appologise now. how or what is the best way to record yourself onto your pc, without all the buzzing usually associated. using acoustic guitar and microphone

Re: hi not sure

Maybe it is better to switch to guitars and accesories

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Chriscap,

Welcome to Chordie and have no fear this is the correct place to post this question. It is always difficult to answer a question like this because spending cash comes into the equation. There are to my mind two ways to do what you ask.

One is to use an electric guitar (or an acoustic with an electric pick-up) and a microphone (for vocals) through a mixer and then to your PC.

The other is to use a 4track recording machine and record guitar and vocals to this before transferring to the PC.

However many people get very good results with just a microphone and an acoustic guitar. A good quality microphone positioned correctly and not to far from yourself and a quiet room with no chance of the dog barking or children screaming etc can work very well.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

What is considered as a good microphone? I have 2 mics, for playing acoustic, just as they played in the sixties, seventies.
It is a matter of placing them correct. So NO special elements in an acoustic. And as Roger said, this is indeed the correct place, using accessories, like microphones, PC. I have a BOSS BR 600, 8 tracks, but I still didn't use it even with all kinds of effects, and a lot of drum patterns. If you see what that market offers, it is incredible, and a fashion to. I can make a song, 100% complete, using that device, and put it on the web.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

thanks for that,probably cheap mic as i get buzzing on playback :-)

I use a stealth plug, it's a device which plugs directly into the jack socket, and then into the port on the back of my computer.
I always find it works well.

Ben

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing