Topic: add chord diagram to songbook

Before signing up, saw info to the effect that I could create own songbook of chords (chords only, no songs.)  Can't figure this out.  Any body out there know how to do this? Thanks.

Re: add chord diagram to songbook

nope!your as much int the dark as me but chordie will set it right

elis4377 wrote:

Before signing up, saw info to the effect that I could create own songbook of chords (chords only, no songs.)  Can't figure this out.  Any body out there know how to do this? Thanks.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi elis4377 & welcome to chordie!

I am not sure what you are referring to here - perhaps what you want is printed pages of nothing but chord grids?

I don't know any direct way of doing this here on chordie - but I can think of a work-around method using chordie's song editing tool.  It would take a little effort to create such pages, but it is a very 'do-able' thing.

Basically, you could pick a 'victim song' in your personal songbook and then open it using the 'edit song' button.  Then, you would delete everything in the song file EXCEPT the {t:title} and {st:subtitle} lines at the top.  Lastly, you would simply type in the chords you want on your pages.  Each chord would have to be in straight brackets:
[A]
[A4]
[Am]
Put each chord on a different line.
Once you have all your chords, hit the 'save' button between the edit and view panes.  Your chord sheets will now print.

Actually, this seems like a lot of work . . . but does this help with your question?
James McCormick

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Well thank you James McCormick,
After I registered with Chordie, I was finally able to successfully copy and paste the chords from the chord page and then edit them in Word.  I have a (huge) chord book but wanted a chart of chords for quick look ups. Now I have what I need on 4 pages.  What a great resource!  Thanks a lot.  Elis.