Topic: Stone Cold Crowd Pleasers

What songs will get the audience up and dancing guarranteed?

(We'll take 'Louie Louie' and 'Twist and Shout' as read)

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Re: Stone Cold Crowd Pleasers

hi cytania,
I moved this to a more appropriate place on the forum.

Songs that are guaranteed to get a crowd going??? hmmm, for playing the guitar I would say
Brown eyed girl.    by van the man
pinball wizard, the who

loads more

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

some deep purple, stones and a quit heavy interpretation of Dylan's KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR, not G&Roses, but YOUR interpretation, works always, because, older & younger people know the song, early sixties (Bob), and early nineties (Axl+Slash)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Brown Sugar by the Stones is always a good one,
Jumping Jack Flash - Stones
Jean Jeanie - Bowie
Squeeze Box - The Who
Hot Love - T-Rex
Back in the USSR - Beatles

There're loads

Just a Day - Feeder

It was the encore at wakestock 2006, the crowd were chanting it, they went crazy when it started!

Depends on the crowd.  My kind of crowd a country waltz usually works.  Tennessee Waltz and such. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

If you are listed with other bands, I think you have to "show" more, the skills and that Ballads, Blues, Rock AND COUNTRY can go hand in hand.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Any juke box in the Southern States will have a mandatory selection of ZZ Top and Lenard Skinnard! Also some Hank Williams Jr...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Any one of the various Bob Seger rockers...or just about any ZZ Top tune.  We used to open with "Tush" then kick off Seger's "Come to Papa"

tennesee border by hank williams works wonders.

Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City, by Gun N Roses. Or try any Red Hot Chili Peppers, songs like "Suck My Kiss", or "Californication".

Some older rock stuff by Cheap Trick, Boston, REO Speedwagon, or Journey tends to work well.